Ad Clicking Policy

1. Billie Kelpin profile image91
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

I posted a question the answers of which are upsetting me. Background:  I RARELY click on ANY ad ANY where and it occured to me that many people are just like me.  What if, on hubpages, we started noticing other people's ads more and when we read ANOTHER person's hub, we clicked on an ad that ATTRACTED us.  I'm not saying we should click for the purpose of clicking, but I'm saying NOTICE ads and if they're of interest, click.  People seem to think that that would be against TOS.  OF COURSE, you don't click on your own ads, but if I notice an ad on YOUR hub, am I supposed to log OFF of hubpages and try to find that ad somewhere else???  So last night, I was reading a hub by another member.  I told myself, I'd start NOTICING ads.  There was one there for an air freshner even though I'm a total fragrance addict.  I thought, "Let's see what's here."  I clicked and found those diffuser reeds that normally come only WITH the fragrance.  This site sold them separately.  That's all I'm saying.  I've had a website since 1995.  I TOTALLY understand not clicking on the ads of my own site; however I just don't see why we should notice ads on other hubbers pages and IF we like what's there, explore.  TV has worked that way and now, yes, we can get other services, but revenue must be brought in either ads, donations (like on NPR), subscription or some other means.  I'm just saying let's just NOTICE each other's ads and if we're truly interested, click. SURELY that can't be against the TOS

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

My guess as to HP and Google policy on this...

One shall not only not do a no-no, but one shall not even do the appearance of a no-no.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

So you have a follower that is a trifle overzealous on this and clicks a few too many of your ads.  Google takes notice that they are doing so, notices you are clicking their ads as well (just not as many) and decides it's click fraud in the making.

You both lose your adsense account, forever. 

Making a dollar or two isn't worth the risk, thanks.  I do not click ads on HubPages, and will certainly not join any group that thinks it's fine to click ads on another's site.