jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Can you help me figure out the warning on this hub?

1. sarcasticdomestic profile image80
    sarcasticdomesticposted 3 years ago

Ads were disabled on this new hub I wrote because of the automatic filters. However, there is no adult or offensive content here that would fall into the list I read in the FAQ. I did use the word "lovers" once (as in "music lovers"), and took it out in case that was the problem, but the warning is still there. Can any of you tell what would be triggering the filter so I can remove it?
    http://sarcasticdomestic.hubpages.com/h … eaten-Path

1. Radcliff profile image91
      Radcliffposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Did you click on the warning link? When you see that line at the top that says, "Warning: yadda yadda yadda", it's usually in link form. You click on it and it tells you if there's a link you need to unlink. I've had that happen a few times. I'm sorry if I'm way off.

sarcasticdomesticposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! There is a link, but it just opens a paragraph that says: All hubs are automatically reviewed for content that may be indicative of a HubPages Terms of Use or a Google AdSense Policy Violation. Although your content may not fit into any of these categories, the emphasis of some sensitive subject matter in a hub may trigger this warning. To learn more, please read the FAQ entry Why were ads disabled on my hub?

I read the FAQ entry, but I just can't see any word, content, or link that falls into these types of violations. And I wrote all the text, and took all the pictures, myself. I definitely want to change it if I have done something that breaks the TOS or AdSense rules.

2. moonlake profile image85
      moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you have too many links within your text and are they all related? I'm just guessing. I know how hard it is when you get a warning and you can't figure out what is going on. Did you get an email explaining the problem?

2. Radcliff profile image91
    Radcliffposted 3 years ago

Weird! That hub doesn't look like it has anything that would violate any rules at all. I would write HP an email--could just be a glitch in the system.

Thanks! Glad I'm not going crazy. smile I did send an email so we'll see what happens.

3. sarcasticdomestic profile image80
    sarcasticdomesticposted 3 years ago

Thanks! I didn't get an email and the handful of links are just to specific sites listed in the hub (Dover Castle, Kew Gardens, etc). So confusing! smile

I just sent a message to HP, so maybe they are able to help.

(Sorry, this was meant to be under moonlake's post.)

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 years ago

Your title tripped the filters (in error).  I'll leave it to you to guess what two word combination did it...Should have ads now.

Oh my gosh, that did not occur to me at all. I can't believe how quickly you guys resolved it, too! Thanks, Paul!

5. MoonByTheSea profile image92
    MoonByTheSeaposted 3 years ago

Sounds like you've done the right thing by sending an email to HP. They're quite overwhelmed, so don't worry if it takes them a few days or more to get back to you. For what it's worth, here's my best guess... One of the areas that renders a hub not suitable for advertising is "Content describing violent crimes, gruesome accidents, or self mutilation." The automatic filter probably can't discern context and usage, so I'm thinking that the word "beaten" in the hub title triggered the filter. Hopefully this is something that the HP team can manually override for you, but even if they can, the filter might get triggered any time you update the hub. Hopefully they'll offer more insights in their response to you. It's a great hub, very well-written and informative--good luck.

6. MoonByTheSea profile image92
    MoonByTheSeaposted 3 years ago

Oops... looks like it got resolved while I was writing.

7. Radcliff profile image91
    Radcliffposted 3 years ago

Good catch! I would have never guessed that one in a million years.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It took me a second to catch it reading the title... unfortunately I was drinking my coffee when I did.

You know, that's a pretty common phrase... now I'll never be able to say it again without snarffing.

working