jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Panda Update 25 - No Great Recovery for HubPages

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago

Squidoo dropped further.  HP stayed about the same.

Not really what I was hoping for to be honest.

I suspect, looking at traffic patterns over the last year, as Google have tried to shaft both HP AND Squidoo - they will now think it is about right.

ie. we are both dropped down the rankings.

The blue is HP, red is Squidoo.  It makes no real difference - we have ended in more or less the same place.  I believe the year long scale shows how Google have manipulated the search algorithm to hit both sites equally.

It's tough over in Squidland at the moment.  Same as it has been here.  So not a time for celebration I think - more of a shared ouch.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

A worthy op.

Squidoo has never done anything mean to me, so I have no animosity towards them either.

However, I'd sure like to know if eHow got what they deserved. Unfortunately they're not Quantified. I'm also curious to find out if Yahoo's junk, 3-year-old  Q&A is still showing up on page one.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 3 years ago

How can HP and Squidoo possibly know what it is that Google expects from them, when Google are desperately clinging to a market share which they will eventually lose?

These two giants are merely reflecting Google's own fortunes. The future is uncertain, the only certainty is that reasonably skilled content writers will always be needed. But will Google?

4. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

Yes I noticed too the rubbish of yahoo questions and answers, everytime I look something up the stupid four year old answers come up. It wouldn't be so bad if the answers were correct! most of them are a mixture of guesswork, rubbish and downright stupidity!