jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

" Urgent attention" option for report button

1. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 3 years ago

Firstly, I do understand staff are very busy. On two occassions recently I've come across hubs which need to be taken off a.s.a.p. We're talking very adult. One I reported over the weekend is still available. Apart from being low quality, it has an extremely graphic picture. I'm no prude but I really didn't expect to see that on the hopper.

Do any of the report categories take higher priority? Would an "urgent" option be possible, or open to too many differing interpretations? Just pondering. I understand staff make the decision on what to do with the hub.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely! Our moderation team tends to review report Hubs in order of urgency (starting with adult and other serious violations- stuff we want taken down very quickly).
      An urgent option might be nice if people were more accurate when reporting Hubs, but chances are it would be abused beyond the point at which it would be useful (people already report many Hubs that don't actually violate our terms). I can bring up the idea in our next community meeting though. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like the present system is best - I have to agree that a "urgent" button would be used 90% of the time. big_smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps some sort of 'urgent' flag at the HP side would work best - we flag the reason for reporting, but really bad problems (adult, etc.) go to a higher place in the queue?

1. wilderness profile image97
            wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

According to Simone that's already done - "adult" material is already given a high priority.  But consider three viewers:

1) Someone that enjoys adult content.  They won't flag it at all.
            2) Someone that hates adult content.  They will flag anything at all that even comes close, marking it urgent.
            3) Someone that doesn't care either way about adult content, but recognizes the potential loss to all if it carries ads.  They will flag it urgent only if ads are present.

Of the three, then, only one has the "right" use for the urgent button, but another will use it every time, whether a flag is even needed or not.  We all have too varied a notion of what is "urgent" for that to ever have a chance of being valuable.  IMO.

2. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 3 years ago

Thanks for responding, Simone. It may cause more trouble than it's worth, I guess, as wilderness says. Maybe the hub's been reviewed and considered okay and I'm more of a prude than I thought! I'll let you decide whether to raise it at the meeting, you have way more experience on these things smile

P.S. Naughty hub gone now.