i'm being stalked on hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (74 posts)
  1. JMcFarland profile image69
    JMcFarlandposted 11 years ago

For several months now (almost since I joined hubpages) I have been getting harassing, threatening and ridiculous comments from the same person.  I originally encountered her in a forum, and she has not left me alone since.  She repeatedly leaves me harassing fan mail, none of which has been approved.  I deny it but don't delete it so I have a written record of what's been happening.  I'm not the only person that she's been harassing either.  She has threatened me with legal action (although I haven't done anything illegal.  The only thing I did was disagree with her religious beliefs.  She leaves pages-long bible quotes and calls me the devil.  It would be humorous if it wasn't so persistent.  She has claimed to report me to the FBI, CIA, police, what have you.  I'm not worried about legal ramifications on my end, since I've done nothing wrong.  Every time she shows up, I report her profile. 

Here's the problem.  She keeps coming back repeatedly.  While comments on specific hubs contain an IP address, fan mail does not.  I want to know where she's from so I can protect myself from her if things escalate.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do about continual harassment and stalking-like behaviors from someone who is clearly imbalanced?

1. HattieMattieMae profile image62
      HattieMattieMaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you block her at all! I'm sure you can report it to the police in you're area if she's using email or harassing you. They can track her down and find out who she is, and no  you shouldn't have to deal with such nonsense. Did you also report it to hubpages. I wouldn't answer back at all, or respond to any of her comments. Don't even read it, and just delete it. If you're not paying attention at all, or focusing on it, they will move on and harass someone else. Just try to block her as much as possible and sooner or later she'll get the message.

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does she have any of your personal information? Email? Address? Phone number etc.?  If not, it's highly unlikely that she can contact you other than through fanmail - you can either ignore her fanmail or turn off fanmail.

I suggest that you contact Hubpages support and let them know the history - they can probably tack the fanmail and also probably have a way to block an IP address.

3. koerakoonlane profile image78
      koerakoonlaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's shocking that after all those reports nothing has been done, now that it's on the forum I'm really looking forward to see what the HP staff thinks. I really don't see how this kind of behaviour could be part of the HubPages community. (And I don't even want to imagine how many false thumbs down's you have got - how does it affect your hubber & hub scores and traffic?)

4. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't realize you could leave more than one piece of fan mail for any one hubber.  Live and learn, I guess.

If you're reporting it to HP with no results, it sounds like she isn't threatening or something like that.  I would just ignore, without ever replying to anything she says, whether it's your hubs, profile, forums, her hubs or anything else.  Keep a record - don't deny, just don't approve either, and set your hubs to approval needed. 

Push comes to shove, you've got the ip address and she can be tracked with that, but it will take police action or lots of money, and doesn't sound like there's anything yet that would call for that.

5. Suhail and my dog profile image78
      Suhail and my dogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If I were you, I would post her comments for other hubbers to see. She will be proving herself a fool to the world.

Or may be a hubber or two will suggest a better way out for both of you :-)

6. MarleneB profile image92
      MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When I first started with HubPages, there was a hubber who was continuously mean and nasty to me. Every day I would fill up with anxiety just knowing this particular hubber was going to have something horrible to say to me. If it were not for other hubbers offering encouragement, I would not still be here.

It's difficult not to be affected by trolls. At first, I would politely respond to the the harrassing remarks from a lighthearted point of view. I thought if I did't let him see how disturbed I was, then he would leave me alone. Eventually, he left me alone. He's probably bothing some other new hubber and getting a kick out of making them miserable.

I now take the attitude that they don't deserve to be recognized, so I don't respond to them. I treat them like they don't exist. They go away.

I am so sorry you have had to deal with your stalker. As you know, her threats are are empty. The FBI has far greater issues to deal with than writers on HubPages. Please! I don't know what is wrong with this person, but I do hope things get resolved soon.

7. Bishop55 profile image89
      Bishop55posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a fun idea.  Who is she?  Post her HP identity and we can all go harrass her for a day or two.  Tell her to leave you alone.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I would send an email to team@hubpages.com and let them know the problem, that you have reported her profile when it happens, and that nothing has been done about it.  Harrassment should not be tolerated on HP, and is against TOU, Section 4: You may notHarass, threaten or intimidate Authors or others who use the Service.

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, please do what rebekahELLE recommends, JMcFarland, as this sounds like a personal attack- something for which one can be banned. The more documentation you can provide (screenshots, emails, etc.) the better.

2. profile image0
      CroftRoanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with rebekahELLE. This is something you should physically tell HubPages about. If it doesn't work then you did everything you could do and you should just try to ignore her. People like that are not worth your time.

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 11 years ago

JMcFarland, I am sure this is a horrific experience for you. I know to a certain extent because I have had an online stalker in the past and although my experience was very different (and did not involve Hub Pages) it was extremely irritating.

So far as reporting you to the CIA, FBI goes - although I am not in the United States - I would tend to laugh at that "threat!" smile Re any comments or fan mail that are sent you via HP mail, I would suggest you report it to the staff via the extensive options provided on pages (scroll down to the very bottom of any page) and follow their advice.

I really hope you get this horrible situation sorted very quickly and that it does not put you off engaging in the wonderful Hub Pages community.

1. donotfear profile image85
      donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This kind of behavior sounds delusional; to the point of paranoia.  It may be someone who's off their medication.

4. JMcFarland profile image69

I have reported her every time a new profile crops up, and the problem dissipates for a few weeks or a month.  Then all of a sudden, I have three new followers and three new fanmails that are ridiculous, yes, but slightly off-putting.

I have not found a way on the website to contact any of the hubpage staff.  I keep reporting her, and reporting her, and they'll inactivate the newest profiles, but she just makes another one.  I have made repeated attempts to try and take additional action, but I don't have her IP address.  The only clue I have as to her whereabouts is that her most recent fanmail was addressed to the wichita crime stoppers - and she was attempting to report ME and several other hubbers for doing nothing more than disagreeing with her.

I'm not worried that something legal will happen to me, far from it - but I dont know what else to do to stop this behavior.  All of my actions up to this point have gotten temporary results, but not a long term solution.  I know that they can't contact me anywhere else but hubpages - I believe that she sent me a facebook request months ago, but I denied it and blocked the profile that requested it.

I'm not afraid for myself, but I want the behavior to stop, and I want it to stop now.  I love to debate and discuss things, but this is going a million steps too far, and I don't think I'm out of bounds by wanting SOMEONE in a position of authority to do something proactive about it.

5. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 11 years ago

Like Gordon, I had a similar situation with someone on my blog and email.  I blocked him from sending emails and did not approve any comments on my blog.  However I saved everything and also sent all of his correspondence to me to a friend of mine who is an attorney, just in case the situation became worse.  I would say save everything and if it gets worse, contact the authorities.

6. JMcFarland profile image69

I just sent an email to team@hubpages as advised.  Hopefully this behavior will come to an abrupt, screeching halt.

7. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

If I am putting two and two together correctly, Peeples is having the same problem with the same person and his/her many profiles.

http://peeples.hubpages.com/question/21 … swer660886

JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yes, peeples was mentioned explicitly in some of the fan mail that I've received.

8. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

This is ridiculous and she mentions you to me also. She also posted about us today on multiple questions.
    http://jthomp42.hubpages.com/question/2 … oming-back
    Not sure if that link will work, but I deleted a ton of comments she made on my questions and many of her questions were deleted when her first account (for today) was deleted. I'll be honest sometimes I don't realize it's the same troll until after the threats of calling the police start. So I do debate back and forth with her until I realize who it is. She has gone as far as talking about my husband and children. I'm tired of it. I am tired of having to watch who I speak to. Something has to be done to block her from coming back!

1. wilderness profile image95

I doubt it will last long.  She joined today, promptly followed the two of you and began answering and asking questions.  Everything she asked is removed, and all but a couple of answers as well.

So HP is yanking her stuff and will almost certainly put two and two together, yanking her account as well.  The question becomes do they know she is continually opening new accounts?

Could be that they don't - different moderators could be handling different comments, time periods, etc.  The thread here could well alert them to that.  They know the ip from the account; surely the have the capability to deny any new account from there? 

We've all seen others that keep opening new accounts, but those have seemed to be fairly knowledgeable about the web; she is unlikely to know how to send a false ip#.  Shutting off the ip would probably shut her down.  Only probably, of course; she might know how to get around it and indeed could be doing so now.

I hope you're right.  I've been reporting her accounts multiple times in any given month, almost consistently from the time that I first encountered her back in november or december.  This has been going on for a significant amount of time, and every time I report her, I mention that it's the same person who I've previously reported.  She has a very distinctive voice when she writes, and it's almost always instantly apparent to me who I'm dealing with.  I'm hoping that a ban of the IP address will be sufficient, and surely the hubpage staff has that capacity.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what other avenue to take.

2. peeples profile image93
        peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's been going on for MONTHS!! She disappears for a couple of weeks up to a month but she always comes back. Blocking her IP would be ideal!

unless she's accessing the site from various IPS like a home computer, a wireless computer cell phone, etc.  To be frank, she doesn't seem to be that bright, so I'm hopefully wrong.  I don't think she's tech-savvy enough to mask or cover an IP, but at this point I'm not sure that much would surprise me.

1. peeples profile image93

She sent me her email address. I wonder if it's real or not and can help remove her in any way. I'm not aware of the different ways of ridding people from websites.

2. ExpectGreatThings profile image77
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! She needs some serious help. I'm a little blown away by her words and can only imagine what else she could be saying. I'm also disgusted that she is saying these things and acting as if she is defending Christ. Her actions show no trace of Christ-likeness. I hope you both can figure out how to put a stop to it.

9. JMcFarland profile image69

I completely agree.  She's threatened me with the FBI, the police, the CIA.  I'm not worried about these threats.  It's clear that she's not well.  I want her to get the help that she needs, and I want to make sure that she cannot continue this behavior with anyone else.  This person needs to be found, and it needs to stop now.  Otherwise, people are going to start leaving hubpages in droves because they're disinterested in the drama.  There has got to be something that the administration can do to put a stop to this kind of bullying and harassment.

1. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

JM - this is exactly why I think it is ill advised to reveal personal information on the internet especially if you are writing about controversial subjects.
      One in four adults—approximately 57.7 million Americans—
      experience a mental health disorder in a given year. One in 17 lives
      with a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia, major
      depression or bipolar disorder1 and about one in 10 children live
      with a serious mental or emotional disorder.2
      • About 2.4 million Americans, or 1.1 percent of the adult population,
      lives with schizophrenia.
      http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Sectio … ntID=53155

Point is there are A LOT of nuts out there and no way to protect yourself (or your loved ones)from them if you volunteer your personal information to the whole world.
      This problem you are having is probably nothing to worry about but you wouldn't have to think twice if you knew your information wasn't out there.

my information ISN'T out there, though.  All of my personal information on Facebook is private, viewable to only a handful of my close friends.  I don't include contact information in my hubs, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

1. tsadjatko profile image65
          tsadjatkoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know what you look like from your picture right here, your name and where you live - don't need much else to find you. Hope that isn't your real name and picture and you don't live in Tampa. Then you may be safe.

lol I see.  I don't really see much cause for alarm.  Thanks for the warning, though.

10. Lisakelly profile image59
    Lisakellyposted 11 years ago

On behalf of all Christians, I would like to apologize for her hurtful words and judgement.  I am sure  that you and I would disagre on many things as well, as I am a devout Catholic. But disagreement does not justify that kind of undeserved behavior. A true Christian should never use hatred in the name of God.  A  Christian should spread the LOVE of God, not beat you over the head with it and put you down.  Good luck with your situation.  I hope you find a resolve.

11. JMcFarland profile image69

she just emailed me with more threats.  This has GOT to stop somewhere.

I just got it too. I'd post it here but not sure how You'd feel about that considering mine speaks of you also.

at least we both have her IP address now, since she emailed us and an IP is included on almost all emails.  I know where she is.  The IP address traced back to Osceola, Missouri

1. wilderness profile image95

You can use http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-97-112-0-0-1/pft to find the internet provider should you choose to do so.  I note that looking up my own address gives the correct provider as well as an "abuse" email address.

I have no idea if it would to any good to complain there, or ask for help, but it might be interesting to send them a collection of comments from her and ask if there is anything they can do.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you have her IP, report her to the police.

They can get physical addresses from IP addresses.

1. Soul Man Walker profile image60
            Soul Man Walkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Keep the cops out of it. This level of stuff is only the same ol' day to day. If you can't handle it, you need to learn how.

2. JMcFarland profile image69

I'm not going to post the message.  I have a feeling that is exactly what she wants, and she'll only use it as further ammunition for her behavior.

12. PaigePixel profile image87
    PaigePixelposted 11 years ago

So sorry for what you're going through, guys- how creepy! Here's hoping she gets back on her meds and finds something better to do with her time.

13. SmartAndFun profile image94

I just got a new follower who is following the both of you, and who joined the site 8 hours ago. Yay, I'm one of the cool kids now!

welcome to the club!  WOOHOOO, don't YOU feel special

I sent the hubpages staff (at team@hubpages) screenshots, histories and a brief account of my personal experience, and I suggest that anyone else that she's targeting do the same.  That way you have a trail to follow if something gets worse, and hubpages can see proof of her behaviors.  I know it's tempting to delete anything she says off the bat, but I started denying her fan mail but not deleting it.  That way it can be saved for backup if necessary.

I'm hoping that if enough of us report this person then the community at large will have to do something to stop it.  It's harassment and threats at the basest of levels, and it cannot be tolerated if they want the community to remain safe for their users.

14. SmartAndFun profile image94

She just left me fan mail saying I'm a sick person, LOL. I do have the sniffles.

1. koerakoonlane profile image78
      koerakoonlaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me too, I'm also an atheist. When will I receive my copy of hate mail?

Soon she'll need a bureau to send out all the fan-hate mail..

2. R Creighton G profile image60
      R Creighton Gposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jeebus, she sounds like a virus!

I've always thought that the innerwebz is perceived as a sort of leveling field for those who feel marginalized.  People who are shunned in the meat world for their idiosyncrasies and lack of socialization don the pixels like a suit of virtual armor.  There is still this (very wrong!) idea that the web is a magic shield of anonymity behind which people may exhibit the atrocious behaviors they have to keep hidden in their face-to-face relationships.

15. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

Can you try reporting this to HubPages? Maybe there is a way to block her from accessing your site and leaving harassing comments. I have received comments on my hubs that were bad mouthing me and a friend of mine. The person was not a member of this site and used a different name with each post. I changed the settings to Only signed-in users may post comments and since then the comments have stopped.

1. R Creighton G profile image60

This is good to know, thanks!

16. Page1 SEO tactics profile image55
    Page1 SEO tacticsposted 11 years ago

If you pay close attention to your analytic stats using more then one source that states how the person got to your page (i.e. visitor country and landing page stats), going back months ago you can determine where this person is coming from by the pattern of a specific country and landing page matching the dates of the harassing fan mail. That was how I discovered an attack on myself.

17. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

I was thinking about writing a hub about my thoughts regarding whether God exists or is a creation of intelligent life, but I think I will refrain from that.  I figured it would have a strong response, but the last thing I need is some kooky person harassing me at HubPages.  Sorry to hear you are being harassed.  I agree with the earlier comment that the person sounds like they are off their rocker.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
      SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This person is definitely off her rocker but she is merely an internet troll. I do not fear internet trolls. She can harass me if she wants to. I'll just delete the messages and *poof* she'll be gone.

2. MarieAlana1 profile image68
      MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have been writing christian things and have not had a problem yet.. I hope I never have a problem like this. There was a letter in a hub written the other day that was hatred towards Christianity. I'm just wondering if that is the same account. How many hubs are written by this hubber?

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
        SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In this case the stalker is a self-proclaimed Christian harassing atheists.

2. peeples profile image93

Marie, this person can not keep an account for more than a day. She/He comes back with a new name every time. There is no intention to write any hubs only intention to get attention and to start and feed off drama. She/He is a Christian or Muslim. Based on yesterday I am now not sure which one.

1. profile image0
          CroftRoanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'd go with Christian. I'm not prejudice but I have a little experience with both and I know more Christians that harass atheists/Wiccans/Paganists/Polytheists. The Muslims I know are all right.

Yesterday she posted a lot of questions talking about how Muslims know Christianity better than Christians do. It also posted about how the muslims interpret the bible better than Christians. Which considering a previous christian postings left me confused as to what if anything she actually believes.

3. R Creighton G profile image60

That would mean she wins...except she won't in the long run.  She'll now feel she's won points, but whether she acknowledges it consciously or not, she WANTS conflict and so will simply move on to someone else she feels she may intimidate.  In the meantime you've helped her rob you of an article you wanted to write.  Don't let terrorists of ANY stripe win!

18. Kulraj Gurm profile image60
    Kulraj Gurmposted 11 years ago

If your a rational minded person (which you seem to be) there is nothing you can do to protect yourself from the irrational crazies in this world if you are unfortunate enough to find yourself in their cross hairs. Sounds like a cowardly act, but I really think its time for you to adopt a new pen name. Build a new persona and move on.

1. Page1 SEO tactics profile image55
      Page1 SEO tacticsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Building a new name for yourself is a lot of work, I've had to do this myself, but it can be well worth the effort as not only can you remove the sociopath from your life, but you can build your name even stronger than before utilizing white hat SEO techniques.

19. Jmillis2006 profile image60
    Jmillis2006posted 11 years ago

This is crazy, I hope hubpages can resolve the issue and that this person gets the help they clearly need.

20. Bishop55 profile image89
    Bishop55posted 11 years ago

Wow...can't you block her on Hubpages?  Have you notified Hubpages about this cracker jack?  She needs to be banned from this community if you ask me.  Save everything as you have been doing and get that to the Hubpage moderators.  Tell her she is going to be reported if she doesn't stop.

21. abyssinal profile image79
    abyssinalposted 11 years ago

Wow. Just...wow. I will never understand how someone can get attached or overly personal to total strangers on the internet. Some people are just sick.

22. wolfbane8701 profile image66
    wolfbane8701posted 11 years ago

Agreed! sounds trouble no doubt. id definitely report her to the Hubpages authority without a second thought!

23. profile image0
    Educateurselfposted 11 years ago

Dear bro don't waste your time with a person who are angry just to disagree with their religion it seems like she is psycho. The very first and last that will solve your problem is contact to hubpages with the person name,blog,profile screenshots if you will do this they will surely ban this person because it is on the terms of hubpages that no one is allow to harass other hubbers so please register your complaint.
    Here is the contact address of hubpages: http://hubpages.com/email/help/

24. profile image0
    CroftRoanposted 11 years ago

There are several things wrong with what your stalker is saying. I'm not even going to get into the religious view because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What i will say is that she's off her rocker with the CIA, FBI threat. She'll get into trouble for calling the police for such a stupid reason. You were not harassing or threatening her so there is no grounds to arrest you. The FBI can't do anything because it isn't a national crime nor is the government allowed to get involved because of the separation of church and state. The CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) has nothing to do with this either. It's not in their job description. Calling either CIA or FBI could get he into monumental trouble since she'd be wasting government resources. If she does follow through on her threats than just sit back and watch. She'll be the one dealing with the legal system not you.

25. bisnar6665 profile image60
    bisnar6665posted 11 years ago

I would re post each of her responses as a forum asking people how to stop the harassment, kind of like what you are doing now.

26. Kathryn Stratford profile image89
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 11 years ago

That is terrible! I feel bad for any of you who have to deal with this, and I hope it is resolved, and she never bothers you again. Harrassment is an awful thing to deal with. That's quite a long time for it to go on, too. Everyone has different opinions, and no one should behave like that when someone doesn't believe the same. It would be nice if everyone would just respect each other's opinion without pestering someone about it. Good luck.

27. SmartAndFun profile image94

She is not harassing me, she just left me the one message, so it is much easier for me to find her amusing. She called me a sick person and then wrote "How are you doing? Have a great day. Talk to you later." LOL! lol

Of course I'm sure it is no longer amusing to peeples and JMcFarland. She is definitely harassing them.

28. faythef profile image69
    faythefposted 11 years ago

She As a Christian, has not read all of the bible...or she would know that ,everyone has free will. No one can be forced to believe the way she does ,she needs to wipe the dust off her feet and move on, come out from among them and be separate. Remove the speck from her own eye...If she is reading this then I say, LOVE ..the greatest of all these things is LOVE.....Harassing someone is not LOVE...

29. fatfist profile image64
    fatfistposted 11 years ago

You've caused them great harm by contradicting their arguments. They are extremely angered. Their world suddenly collapsed. They have no other recourse, except perhaps jumping off a building or hanging themselves or something. Perhaps they are not ready for that, yet, so they decide to harass you.

I have lots of deranged mentally ill fans harassing me. At least in their feeble brain they "think" they are harassing me. I see it more as a compliment...I mean, I must have done something right in order for these folks to go berserk. People just cannot stand to see their cherished arguments destroyed before their very eyes. After all....it means they've been living a lie all their life. A wake up call pushes them over the edge.

So I welcome this alleged harassment. At the very least their nuttiness drives a LOT traffic to my site and I enjoy the monetary payouts I receive whenever these deranged lunatics have another episode. Their PAIN is my GAIN!
    Feel free to send these mental patients over to my hubs. Please....and thank you!

30. Lisakelly profile image59
    Lisakellyposted 11 years ago

Fatfist, I think it is unfair to compare the beliefs of ALL Christians with the misguided beliefs and harmful actions of one who is clearly troubled.  You have not angered a "Christian", you have angered someone that is imbalanced and not in their right mind.  I will not argue in any details with you the subject of religion, God and faith itself, because no good would come from it.  To those who know and believe, no explanation is needed.  To those who do not believe, no explanation will do.  I am simply saying that it is unfair to question the foundation of faith and the very real exsistance of God to believers, based on the actions of an individual that in no way represents true Christianity.  Labeling ALL Christians as crazy is a lazy way to not have to accept difference of opinion. I in no way want to get into a religious debate here, because that was not the purpose of the original post.  We can all support this hubber in her efforts to be treated fairly without judgement, without turning to the same kind of hateful words and unfair criticisms that her stalker is guilty of.

31. Marketing Merit profile image94
    Marketing Meritposted 11 years ago

As you've already identified JMcFarland, the person in question is not behaving in a rational manner which suggests that there may be some underlying issues.
    If you feel your personal safety is compromised then you should report the matter to the Police. If you are satisfied as to your anonimity, then I personally would be inclined to ignore the person in question and not to escalate the situation any further. As others and myself have said, it would be useful to have a block/ignore user feature on HubPages.
    Best wishes to you.

32. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image67
    CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 10 years ago

In your settings, under account, there is a place where you can block people. ;-) Seems simple enough. Good luck!!!!!

JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

that would work if she didn't continue to create new profiles every time I turn around.

2. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can you explain how to find that again please CRe8tiVeLiFe?
      I can see 'My Account' but can't see anywhere to block people.

I know you can 'blacklist' up to 3 members from being displayed in the 'Others you may like' box on your profile, but I've never encountered a 'block' feature to stop members from contacting you.

Many thanks for your assistance.

33. MarieAlana1 profile image68
    MarieAlana1posted 10 years ago

Oh my gosh! This is still happening! There has got to be a way to stop this! It's kind of creepy, but you have got to have peace that it will eventually get better and be not bothered to much by it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)