jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Anyone know anything about Newsalloy or Fantu-links?

1. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

A while ago when checking for plagarisim, pasting a chunk of text from one of my hubs produced some odd results. The first 2, and some others lower down are to a site called Fantu links and eventually lead back to my blog. http://browse.feedreader.com/c/Fantu_Links

Every other result - and there are pages of them lead to a site called newalloy. The newsalloy links all lead to a list of articles that are in some way related, eg "More chocolate pretzel recipe related news:" The title of my hub appears there along with the first few sentences and it seems to be a link. But in every case, clicking on the link leads to nothing - just a blank page. Here's an example: http://newsalloy.com/tags/kids_recipes_chocolate_cake/ The supposed link with my hub's title is almost at the bottom of the page. ( Hedgehog Cake - a Chocolate Cake Recipe) This entry also includes a link (that does work) to Fantu links, but once there, the link leads nowhere.

Because Fantu links does lead back to my hub I'm totally baffled by this. Newalloy seems to have been some sort of RSS feedreader that closed in 2008 due to lack of funding, but it may have been revived. But if this is the case, why does every one of its links lead nowhere? I know a lot of people had issues a while ago with odd bits of hubs being copied and used on unrelated links, but I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not.

Can anyone shed any light?

2. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

Bumping this since nobody seems to have seen it!

3. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

Really would be grateful if anyone can shed any light on this.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

They are linking back to you and only quoting a small snippet.  So I think that is okay.

1. Melovy profile image96
      Melovyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying psycheskinner.
      Fantu links certainly link back to my hub, but the newsalloy one comes to a dead end. (Or at least that's what I always get.)