jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

RESOLVED: Malware on suer computer injecting links into content

1. aravindb1982 profile image91
    aravindb1982posted 3 years ago

This was shocking when I discovered it today. Whenever I click on anything from my account that is hyperlinked text - examples would be the "Add capsule" or attempt to open my hub from the "My Account" section via the mouse's center click (to open in a new tab - a new window pops up!

And this carries spammy adverts! It happened thrice to me today already....

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As Paul Maplesden pointed out, this is likely related to malware that is injecting links into your browser content.
      It could be a browser extension or other software on your computer.
      If you go here in Chrome, you can see the extensions you have installed.
      chrome://extensions/

You may want to start by disabling all the extensions and then can enable them as you eliminate them as problematic.

Also, if it is a Chrome extension, then a different browser likely will not show the problem, so try Firefox.

aravindb1982posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes! I did visit the Chrome extensions and found 2 extensions installed by "third party" which I do not remember. Thank you for helping me out in this.

I also did what Paul Maplesden told. Shall evaluate my experience today and let you know if there is any problem.

Thanks...

2. aravindb1982 profile image91

I guess my problems have gone away as of now! smile

Am happy.....  smile

2. Paul Maplesden profile image88
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

It sounds like you could have malware installed on your computer, I would recommend downloading a good antivirus / antispyware program (Malwarebytes is very good) and running it.

Thank you for that suggestion. I will try that. smile

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that suggestion, Paul! Yeah... our "Add capsule" buttons are certainly not designed to do that.... @___@

3. alanrammel profile image80
    alanrammelposted 3 years ago via iphone

I've had something similar before, you definitely need some anti malware on there to fix that.

working