jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

RESOLVED: Phone Call Verification

1. allisonryan329 profile image60
    allisonryan329posted 4 years ago

I am trying to publish my first Hub, but it requires phone call verification.  I attempted the call twice, but both times the phone call had nothing on the other end.  The third time I tried, I was blocked for 24 hours for having tried to verify too many times.  Is this a glitch, or is there another way verify?  It is not a cell number so it cannot receive text messages.  Thank you!

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see two attempts at phone verification made around 15 minutes ago; I'm sorry about the 24 hour wait- we can check and see if something is going wrong with the phone system and hopefully that will be resolved by the next time you call in!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@allisonryan329
      Sorry to hear about the problems you are having verifying your phone number.
      I looked at your account and it is not currently locked out, so you should be able to verify a number now.  If you continue to have problems please let us know here: http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

2. successdotnet profile image60
    successdotnetposted 4 years ago

Do you entered correct country and area codes? Check on this

3. allisonryan329 profile image60

Yes, the country code was for the United States.  The phone calls when through, but there was nothing on the line when I picked up.

1. HubPages profile image
      HubPagesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Fawntia, who set up the system, just checked it and it seems to be working properly; it could be that it was just down when you tried calling in. Please try again in 24 hours, and if that doen't work, email our support team and we'll work through an alternate option with you!

4. allisonryan329 profile image60

Ok.  Thank you!

5. allisonryan329 profile image60

I tried again this morning and got two more blank calls with nothing on the other end.  Is there another way I can verify?  Thank you!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77

Do you have a cell phone you can use or one to borrow from someone?
      Where are you geographically and who is your phone service provider?

6. allisonryan329 profile image60

I am located in California and our phone service provider is Blue Rooster.

Do you have a cell phone or another number that can receive text messages (Google voice for example)?

7. allisonryan329 profile image60

After having my cell phone number hijacked, I am admittedly hesitant to use it for anything other than contact with family and friends.  I guess I will try again tomorrow.

@allisonryan329 Rest assured that the only thing we use your number for is to verify your account.

Closed to reply

working