Just what are Images that are watermarked or pixelated ?

1. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 3 years ago

Just deleted my one and only hub. Oh well! lol

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Or you could have just found another picture.

But yeah, deleting your hub works too.

Watermarked pictures are ones that clearly have a image (usually a website address) slightly opaquely (I know bad grammar) on the picture... they are designed to deter copyright infringement. Pixelated photos are photos where you can see the actual pixels that make up the image. Low resolution photos are ones that are "foggy" or "blurry".

I might have missed something or done a bad job with the actual terms, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but that's the gist.

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 3 years ago

An image with a watermark has a small, semi-transparent logo or text overlaid on the image. This intended to discourage copyright infringement, as Melissa has pointed out. Some sites like Hubpages feel this is bad form, and you ought to find some appropriate images that are not watermarked, or preferably use your own images.

Pixelated images are low resolution images, or (quite often) thumbnail images that have been blown up to a more useable size. You can avoid this problem by using reasonably high resolution 72 dpi to 300 dpi images, at the size they're intended to be displayed (i.e. not blown up from a smaller image).

Hope that helps. smile