jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Are unpublished hubs found by google?

1. Thomas Swan profile image93
    Thomas Swanposted 3 years ago

When I click "save unpublished" on a hub I'm working on, the address looks exactly like the address of one of my published hubs. There isn't a "no index" tag that I can see. So wouldn't google find these unpublished hubs? It worries me because sometimes all I have is a title to use later. If google finds these unpublished works in progress, it could rank down my subdomain or condemn the article to a future of poor search rankings. I know the answer is probably no, but it's too important for there to be any doubt.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Solid answer = Google may be aware of the Hubs, but it knows to not pay attention to them.

Additional point: the same goes with Hubs that are not Featured. Google may still crawl them and know they're there, but because they have noindex tags, Google will not count them as being a part of your reputation.

Hope that helps!

1. Thomas Swan profile image93
        Thomas Swanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that helps. I'm curious as to how google knows not to pay attention to them. There doesn't appear to be anything on the page. Does hubpages put something invisible on the page, or maybe sets up some kind of redirect or 404... or whatever those codes are?

2. CelebrateUSA profile image90
    CelebrateUSAposted 3 years ago

I have wondered this also. I have tried to do a search on the key terms and it appears that the words are there for the search just not for the reader. If this is so, I perhaps need to clean up my unpublished hubs.

Looking forward to a solid answer.

Thank you for this posting.

1. hubpagesbd profile image61
      hubpagesbdposted 3 years ago in reply to this

when Google update Google panda, it gives better search result then previous, so any one gives the data on the web which is "published" or "unpublished" Google can find it.