jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

cost of clicking ad's varies....

1. riotgrrrl profile image90
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

so, the ads we place in our hubpages vary according to how much they will pay per click. So how do you know who or what is offering a big pay out and who isnt?

As a general rule of thumb, do we say that the more expensive the object (eg: luxary sports car) the more paid for the click? In comparison to a small priced item (eg: book)?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are you talking about Adsense ads? You have no control how much for the cost per click. The click itself doesn't result in a sale, mostly the advertiser is after a visitor.

I think you're mixing up Adsense with Amazon and Ebay.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Placing products on a page really varies with the topic.  And with products, a click doesn't earn you anything, only a genuine sale will bring revenue.

3. riotgrrrl profile image90

quite possibly.

Im sorry, so to be clear, the profit we generate from amazon/ebay is related to wether the click leads to a purchase.

With adsense, do we get money for click on google ad's? or visits to the page? or both? sorry im confused.

4. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Adsense - if the visitor clicks the ad you get paid (if your id is showing as it does 60% of the time) - thats why Adsense is very anti people saying please click my ad and is very quick to bann if you click your own ads - or get your friends too
    amazon/ebay - you only get paid if the person who clicks on your listing  subsequently buys something with 24 hours (amazon) or 30 days (ebay) - it doesnt have to be something you advertised direct - in fact in my experience it usually isnt

1. 61
      amethyst1972posted 7 years ago in reply to this

sorry if this a dumb question, but i am a hubpages newbie..
      i understand that our id is only displayed 60% of the time, but how do we know if our id is displayed?

5. riotgrrrl profile image90

thank you lissie that clears up my confusion nicely! It's strange that amazon offer such a small time limit (24 hours) while ebay offer 30 days! But whatever!

Thank you again for your reply

6. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Yeah, ebay and amazon are commission based, although there are many other ways to try and make sales outside of hubpages, like on a blog, using amazon widgets and so on.

Adsense clicks vary. You earn more if targeted traffic( from search engines) click your ads, than untargeted (forums, social networking sites,etc). This is called Smart Pricing, and when you are smart priced, the amount you earn per click drops, and it can happen from time to time.

7. fava profile image60
    favaposted 7 years ago

Use the google keyword tool, and under the choose columns select show all. 

The tool will show estimated cpc for the advertisers for your chosen keywords.