jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)

Problem with AdSense approval

1. Shravan Picsonia profile image60
    Shravan Picsoniaposted 4 years ago

Hey guys! I am stuck in getting my AdSense account approved. Even though people say 10 hubs are enough for getting your AdSense account approved, I have published 12. 10 of them are featured. But when I apply for Google AdSense, Google replies saying that I have insufficient content. Please help me with this guys!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Judging from similar recent questions and answers in these forums it seems that adsense has raised the bar again, to something in the 20's for hubs produced,  There may also be a time requirement.

You might find more information by posting in the adsense forums...

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just because we say 10 is a good number to shoot for doesn't mean it will guarantee success- I recommend publishing as many high quality Hubs as you can and waiting at least one month before re-applying.
      As wilderness recommends, stopping by the AdSense forums might help! big_smile

1. Shravan Picsonia profile image60
        Shravan Picsoniaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot Simone! I'll go on with your advice.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Simone, perhaps it's time to update that advice by increasing the number to (say) 20. Based on recent postings, it looks very much like Adsense has raised the bar:  although you may say you can't make assumptions based on the few people who post in the forums, I do notice that some of those getting rejected are based in the US and have written 10 really good Hubs.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
          Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The advice that we provide comes directly from Google and we believe that it is correct, but factors other than the quality and quantity of content are  considered in the process.  In addition Google certainly does make mistakes sometimes.  If an author believes that they've been rejected unfairly, they can contact us and we will review their case and escalate it to Google if we feel it's appropriate.

3. mahingepatrick profile image77
        mahingepatrickposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been denied approval by adsense though I believe my hubs are up to standard. Does Google Adsense check for such things like links on your site for approval? Does the 6 month ownership requirement apply to my hubpages content?

Does the disapproval email from Google mention the reason? The six month site ownership requirement is typically enforced for applicants based outside of the US. I'd suggest that you keep publishing actively and try again in a few months. You can find more information about the requirements and application process in our Google AdSense FAQ and the AdSense Help Center.

1. mahingepatrick profile image77
            mahingepatrickposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Something to do with site not meeting webmaster guidelines. Says that I should review the Google Webmaster Guidelines then apply again. I am lost.
            Anyway, thanks for taking the time.

No problem! My guess is that the disapproval is related to six month ownership, but I can't be sure. I'd at least give it a few months before applying again, and in the meantime focus on publishing. Good luck!

2. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 4 years ago

I have had 17 hubs published and had over 10,000 hits, but still was not accepted.  Am encouraged though because Goggle gave me some suggestions and encouraged me to re-apply.

3. Solaras profile image90
    Solarasposted 4 years ago

Hi Carola Finch - What kind of suggestions did they give you?

1. Carola Finch profile image98
      Carola Finchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Solaras and anyone else interested.  There are a few things in the email that I have discussed with the Hubpage editors.  A couple of suggestions that you guys might find helpful: Adsense said that they wanted to see a lot more content.  They also said that they wanted me to put in more text paragraphs, less headers so that they have room for their ads, and  have longer content.  My hub score has been in the high 80s (88 at the moment).  Am planning to reapply in a month.

4. Solaras profile image90
    Solarasposted 4 years ago

Does the length of the hubs factor into the overall Adsense acceptance?

5. r4rohit81 profile image68
    r4rohit81posted 4 years ago

It's not only about the number or counts.. It's about contents, followers, activities and many more... Firstly it's better for you to focus on writting as good as you can.. Once you have wriiten much of attractive contents in a good number, you are interestingly involved in the HP activities, people start liking your hubs, you get good number of followers, people spend time on your hubs, you get at least some basic accolades, it's time to get associated with Adsense with confidence.... :-)

1. Solaras profile image90
      Solarasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you - so they take your Hub Score into account as well as page views.  Do you know what level of page views they like to see?

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Adsense doesn't pay any attention to followers.

1. r4rohit81 profile image68
        r4rohit81posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yup xactly.. But, i just meant to say that if you are perfect with these, you don't need to worry about getting approved... Just apply and get approved...

6. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It is about content, and whether they think you have enough. So it is about number to the extent that if you are writing good, substantive, well-written hubs 5 is almost certainly not enough and 50 is almost certainly enough,

7. preweb profile image56
    prewebposted 4 years ago

Thanks Carola for the advice.

8. profile image0
    Educateurselfposted 4 years ago

Hi Shravan just write and write do not apply before 6 month and write for improving of your writing 6 months isn't longer if you write consistently and your aim is to become a famous writer, but if you are writing just for making money through Google Adsense it is harder for you to wait 6 months. I am from Pakistan and for us Google said you should wait 6 months before applying so that is why I haven't apply as I have been 3 months ago when I join hubpages and my focus is only to write and writer and enjoy my writing and with the time makes my writing more perfect.

1. Carola Finch profile image98
      Carola Finchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The rules are different for North America.

9. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Thirteen hubs is not necessarily enough, and yes the six month rule does apply.

working