jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

music is played on our homepage,..

1. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 7 years ago

That would be great if we can have music being played
    during our homepage and our articles.. I love instrumental music..
    with a spice of jazz.. o yeah..
    UR frien..

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image51
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can put a song in a video clip at the top and tell readers to click play if they want background music while they read.  That would work.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A large percentage of internet users browse at work.  When I'm browsing at work, if I come across a site playing music, I click away immediately and never go back. Do you really want to lose readers?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

It would slow down the site too much. If you want music, play it on your computer smile

3. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 7 years ago

UUggh no I hate it when I arrive on a site and the music autoplays, I just want to get straight off the site when it does that, especially when I don't expect the music and I almost have a mini heart attack when it plays!!!

1. 49er profile image81
      49erposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree, if I visit a site that does this, I automatically back up. I generally don't get startled by it most times, but every so often I do. I remember those talking/noise making ads were the worst for that, because they would use gunshots and other loud noises unexpectedly.

4. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

auto play music is the fastest way to make sure I hit back button and never come to your site again - -at work you get fired for it and at home it can wake up sleeping partners!

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

all the major search engines rank down pages that have music which is automatically launched.  it's the #1 user complaint about web pages.

6. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

[knowles]I'd like that, every time I open up a book, magazine or newspaper if music (not chosen by me) started up.[/knowles]

Sorry, I couldn't find the sarcasm tags big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe we should add that to the feature requests. It could be my main claim to fame.

Not really sure how to respond to anyone who thinks automatic music playing when you open a web page is a cool idea because it is one step down in annoyingness from popups that refuse to close as far as most people are concerned.

That's what MySpace is for...........

7. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

One time I was looking at some myspace pages and my sister about had a panic attack when the music started playing.  Since then I have turned off the sound when looking at certain websites lol.

8. dingdong profile image59
    dingdongposted 7 years ago

I don't support the idea!

9. 0
    Rainbow Briteposted 7 years ago

As much as I love music, I think it's a bad idea to have autoplay, for the reasons already listed by others.  I really like Julie-Ann's idea tho...I think I will try that on my next hub that sounds really cool!

10. guidebaba profile image61
    guidebabaposted 7 years ago

Background and Music just slows down the website and helps your visitors exit your site in frustration.

11. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Lets not stop with music playing - can we have animated avatars that dance to the music too?
    (And some auto popups just to annoy Mark!)