jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Hubber Score?

1. ContriveIT profile image61
    ContriveITposted 3 years ago

What exactly is this for?
    Does X amount of points open X ability?
    Just for show?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey ContriveIT!
      You can find more on HubScore and Hubber Score here:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

Hope that helps! big_smile

2. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 3 years ago

Don't worry too much about your Hubber Score, unless it falls below 75. If it falls below 75, then your links become nofollow. According to HubPages, the Hubber Score is influenced by:

* Activity in the forums
    * HubScores
    * Support of other Hubbers through comments.
    * Asking quality questions and giving answers.

It will fluctuate from day to day, so don't obsess over it (as long as it is above 75).

There is a Learning Center entry on the matter here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

3. ContriveIT profile image61

Thanks Simone; however this still doesn't clarify specifically what "hubber points" are good for. Therefore, since we're not allowed to know, then deductive reasoning leads me to believe that they're just for show.

I can understand the reason for keeping the algorithm a secret but I don't see how letting us know what they're good for, will have a negative affect.

1. Ernest Hemingway3 profile image90
      Ernest Hemingway3posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think the Hubber Score is more than "just for show" if your links become no follow should your score drop below 75.

So my deductive reasoning tells me that they are a sort of quality control mechanism imposed by HubPages.:-)

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

As of this week, Hubber Scores take on a whole new meaning...

5. ContriveIT profile image61

Thanks Earnest. Id seen somewhere before that links become dofollow after a certain score but it was never verified. This is the type of info I was looking for.