What's a good hub score?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image67
    CRe8tiVeLiFeposted 10 years ago

Hi ya'll. I'm a newbie and am wondering what hub scores ranging from 47 to 56 mean? What is a "good" hub score and how does that impact things?

Thanks so much!!!

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I consider a "good" Hubber Score (the score next to someone's profile) to be something above 80, preferably above 90. It takes a while to get there though!

More on HubScore and Hubber Score can be found here:
      hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubscore-hubber-score

1. theluckywriter profile image68
        theluckywriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hubber score and hubscore are not the same thing, correct? Should I be concerned if all of my individual hubscores are in the 70s?

1. profile image0
          summerberrieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I value my hubs based on the amount of search traffic they receive.  Some of my better performers as far as google traffic are concerned are some with the lower hub score.

1. theluckywriter profile image68
            theluckywriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing that info! I'm still new to all of this, having only published five hubs so far.

2. profile image0
        techhubmasterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

For most people it takes some time to get there. I signed up three days ago and now have a hubber score of 91. The secret is writing a lot of hubs and posting in forum.

2. profile image0
    delleaposted 10 years ago

I'm not an expert because I've only written a few hubs so far, but I sort of like to think of the rating system like grades in high school... 70 is passing, 80 is good, 90 is great and 100 excellent. But with hubs, when you first publish one I believe the startin score is 50, it takes a while for it to be approved (especially if you keep editing it after you've posted it), and it might take a bit for it to hit 70 or better.

3. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image67

I definitely have a long way to go! ;-) Thanks everyone!

4. Savio Dawson profile image91
    Savio Dawsonposted 10 years ago

Hi CRe8tiVeLiFe,

The duration to reach 90 or above can vary. I reached 95 in the first one and a half month of my joining... It is now at 90 and will keep varying. Trick is to stay focused on the writing and try to get search traffic....

I see that you indeed have interesting hubs... So that's the way to go... Use the Learning Center and tips on getting search traffic and that should help a lot.

Regards.

5. CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image67

Lol. My hub score is 16. The other day it was 19. I have no clue why I'm failing so miserably but it's definitely not motivating! Can you tell I'm a perfectionist? Oh well. Onward and forward! ;-) At this rate I'll be here 10 years with 10K hubs before I have a 50 score. ;-)

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image91
      Gcrhoads64posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't despair! It will be up before you know it. Publish hubs, stay engaged in the community, and don't let the low score discourage you. We  all started there. smile

6. Souther29 profile image81
    Souther29posted 10 years ago

I'm also very new to this like you but as the others say just keep writing about content you're passionate about and engage with the community and it will rise sure enough. More of a marathon than a sprint really and many of the people and friendly advisors have been here for a while which goes to show the accepting and bubbling community Hubpages seems to have, at least from what I've seen so far in my short 3 weeks or so.

Best of luck!

1. Savio Dawson profile image91
      Savio Dawsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi,

Check this forum question out... This was another hubber who had the same problem as you and if you have to go by what has happened, his score is at 89 from 0 in just 12 days... Take a look...

http://jbshaban.hubpages.com/question/2 … swer660371

I hope this gives you a perspective.... Also, I had come across some forum queries on result of following too many people and its effect on the hub score... The post said that following too many people will lead to the hubber score to drop... I am not too certain about that.. So, you can take this point with a pinch of salt... But the first point should give you some heart... Happy writing!!

7. wowtgp profile image59
    wowtgpposted 10 years ago

I asked the same question anxiously when I was a newbie like you (I am still a newbie). But, since then my score has been steadily rising Back then it was 66 and now it stands on 83. Although I am still figuring out how hub score system works, I guess it depends on quality content and interaction on forums and Q&A sections.

8. Purpose Embraced profile image84
    Purpose Embracedposted 10 years ago

I am new to HubPages, just over two weeks, but I am please that both my hubber and hub scores are increasing steadily. I intend to continue to develop hubs in areas of my expertise, and also areas of which I am passionate about.

9. Toytasting profile image60
    Toytastingposted 10 years ago

CRe8tiVeLiFe, to my mind a good score would be 75 and above. I think the trick is to keep writing quality content and be consistent. Visit your hubs regularly and continue participating in the hub community.
    Good Luck!

10. agapsikap profile image61
    agapsikapposted 10 years ago

Writing a quality article will help you solve this issue.
    Reading other hubs and leaving them comment will somehow help you  increase the number of your hubber score too. My hubber score started '6'.
    Keep learning.

11. John Jason Hosac profile image60
    John Jason Hosacposted 10 years ago

My first 3 hubs are near 80 if not over. Perhaps more detail/content and pictures would help you boost your score!

12. VVanNess profile image77
    VVanNessposted 10 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it. Your hub score is going to go up and down, sometimes it won't seem like there's rhyme or reason. When I write a brand-new article, my hub score drops down to about 45, but given a few days, more article, typing to others on Hubpages, and it goes back up in the 70s. I'm sure if I stopped writing for a second, it would go even higher. lol

My advice, don't worry about it. Not a big deal. If you want to bring it up, keep writing, and keep participating on Hubpages.

13. yupperclub profile image60
    yupperclubposted 10 years ago

just wanted to join in...been wondering about the hub score myself...good insight from the replies...thanks

14. Lauren Amy Smith profile image59
    Lauren Amy Smithposted 10 years ago

Anything above 75 I'd say, I'm working my way there wink

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)