jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Question on Video

1. UnknownWon profile image61
    UnknownWonposted 3 years ago

I had done a video as a first hub. I then got an email stating the following;

Your Video has been identified as Overly Promotional.

Overly Promotional means that your Video:
    *Solely or excessively promotes another site, product, or service
    *Links more than 2 times to a single domain
    *Gives a short teaser and a link to "read more" or "continue"
    *Links to a page that contains largely the same content as your Hub
    *Has excessive Amazon or EBay capsules

Your Video has been unpublished. When you are finished editing it to comply with our Terms of Use, please click the "Submit for Publication" button. We will then review your Video and publish it if it is no longer in violation.

Now, nowhere in the video am I repeatedly looking to push anything. This was just a straight video blog that I put out there. I put a picture up instead of a full on video to protect my identity. Why is this wrong? What did I do wrong so that I know not to do it again?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I only see one moderation on your account and it's "UnknownWoN's Divorce Guide", so I don't really have a means of providing feedback on the fish Hub.

That said, the following actions are likely to get your Hubs identified as overly promotional:

including more than 2 links to any one domain
      short "teasers" with links to "read more" at another site
      linking to sites/pages/Hubs that are unrelated to your Hub's topic
      solely promotes a product, site, good, or service
      including links to a page that contains largely the same content as your Hub

Hope that helps!

2. UnknownWon profile image61
    UnknownWonposted 3 years ago

I didn't do any of those things though. I just made a video and had a picture on the video instead of my face that's all.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

It would help if you specified which hub you are talking about, then the hubstaff can look at it and tell you exactly what the problem is.