1. Robin Layne profile image80
    Robin Layneposted 7 years ago

Lately when I use the "share" button to email my friends about a new Hub, when I finish the screen simply shows the word PING. What does this mean? Did my emails work?

2. riotgrrrl profile image88
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

i had the exact same responce and wondered the same thing... any answer to this question would be appreciated! (hopes 'ping' = good things!)

3. 49er profile image80
    49erposted 7 years ago

I am not sure what it means in this context, but in computer speak, you Ping a computer when you want to know if it is there, but don't want to actually send it any information

It would be kind of like knocking on your neighbors door and when they answer, running off without saying anything to tell your friend they are home. In this manner, you would have just pinged your neighbor.

Using this definition it would make sense that when you see PING, this is telling you that your notifications have been sent and everyone on your list has been pinged.

Of course, if this is the case, I don't think PING is all that descriptive of a phrase. Perhaps a better message is in order.