jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Hubs on the same subject

1. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

I'm one of those people that has hubs on various topics in various stages of research and completion.  Sometimes I'm working on something and I notice that someone posts a similar hub on the very topic I"m working on.  Does that happen to anyone else?

What do you do when it does happen?  So far I've purposefully not read it until I'm done with mine but gone ahead and put mine out there.  I always hate that it looks like I'm a copy cat (on the subject at least.)

I guess this is bound to happen with so many writers out there.

Just wondering: what  is your preferred method of handling a situation like this?  Just try to make sure you put out the best one that you personally can?

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

While the first drafts of my Hubs are made without any investigation of articles on the same subject, I *will* look at them before publishing to make sure that mine is better (provides information that can't be found elsewhere, has more media, is easier to browse, offers additional resources and tips, etc.). big_smile
      Gotta do that competitive research, right?

2. Bill Yovino profile image89
      Bill Yovinoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not writing Hubs in order to generate income, but rather as a creative outlet. Even so, I sometimes do a quick search before I delve into a Hub just to see if it's been covered from the same approach as I have planned. Occasionally I'll skip a topic if it's been beaten to death by others. In most cases my take on an issue is going to be very different from what others have done so I continue.

3. LCDWriter profile image95
      LCDWriterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good points Simone and Bill.  I guess competitive research doesn't hurt!