jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Pixelated Image

1. LCDWriter profile image94
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

Can you get a pixelated image for anything other than an image?  I got a message about it for this entry: http://lcdwriter.hubpages.com/hub/Docto … 3-Season-7

I'm wondering if I'm not allowed to have the video clips? 

I changed the one image that was in it to one I have used before even though the other one I had was one from wikimedia commons (that I had cited and downloaded). 

Maybe it was just not high def enough?

I'm going to search around but still trying to figure out what's wrong.  And of course I can't get the hub through when it's a timely topic rather than Evergreen.

I unpublished and re-published.  I was thinking it was taking awhile but had no idea why.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

The video is watermarked. The warning includes not allowing watermarks.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's it! big_smile

Also, Doctor Who FTW.

2. LCDWriter profile image94
      LCDWriterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I guess we can't use official videos then if they have the BBC Logo on them?

3. LCDWriter profile image94

I went ahead and deleted all but one video clip.  My video clips were from BBC because that is who produced Doctor Who.  They were previews of some of the episodes that I was talking about.   I think because they said "BBC One" at the top that they were counted as watermarked. 

Would someone clarify if that is actually a problem or if this is a mismark? 

I really think having the video clips helps the hub but I guess if I can't, I can't.  Here's an example of one of the videos I deleted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

By a strict application of the rules... nope.  But I enjoyed watching it.  Even though I think Clara is pants.

5. LCDWriter profile image94

Darn it.  There goes my whole idea, really.  :-(  I figured I was actually doing a good thing by showing the official BBC stuff.

I guess I can link to videos even though it will take them off my page.

Thanks for all your help.

6. LCDWriter profile image94

Thanks Simone.  So excited about the new shows.

What does Clara is pants mean.  Haven't heard that one

If anyone gets a chance, would you mind telling me if the remaining video will pass muster.  It doesn't have a watermark in the still image (which seems to have been the issue before).

1. Coolpapa profile image88
        Coolpapaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I doubt if it has anything to do with a watermark. The BBC logo, is not a watermark is is simply part of the image. BBC would be pleased to know that you were giving them the publicity. I use similiar images from suppliers and I send them an email telling them I am using it and giving them the proper attribution and source info. I tell them to let me know if they obejct and I will take it down right away. Never had a requests to bring one down. Its free publicity for them.

Pixelation is not a characteristic of the file itself, It is what happens when you enlarge an image file so much that you can start seeing the pixelation on the screen. Try to have 96 pixels per inch at your final size.

I agree with you but the other videos had the still with the bbc logo on it and it triggered the warning.  I will have to get the PTB to approve it as a logo and not a watermark.  Right now I just want it through.  I think it was in error but I don't have the time to wait for it to be decided.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Simone, who is hubstaff, said it did.

Well she said it triggered it, right?  And I see why but is it illegal?    I still want to know about "Clara is pants," btw.  :-)

working