jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Please Give Me Feedback

1. Rebecca Furtado profile image77
    Rebecca Furtadoposted 3 years ago

I really need feedback. I do not understand why sometimes my hubs are featured and sometimes not. They are formatted about all the same. Is adding more better? What are the good basics to assure you get page views. I plan to devote at least one day a week to reading and giving feed back to other new hubbers. This is of some value. However, without some formal way to get feedback from successful hubbers it is limited to our knowledge as "newbies"/

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey Rebecca Furtado,

It might be that your Hubs are, in general, on the edge of our minimum quality standards, so looking at our Hub rating scale and shooting for a Hub of an eight+ score across the board can make a difference (having a score of eight gives you a very wide safety margin with regard to getting sufficient quality ratings to have a Hub Featured).

Here's the scale: http://hubpages.com/help/hub_hop_table#informational

Hope that helps!! big_smile

1. GirlOwlKnowing profile image59
        GirlOwlKnowingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm just starting out on HubPages and found this link really helpful! Thanks for sharing. Wishing you good luck, Rebecca Furtado.

2. bredies profile image60
        brediesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

*slinks off to go check scores*

2. Angela Fritsch profile image61
    Angela Fritschposted 3 years ago

Do you use the goals section in the upper right hand corner of your hub?  I am new also - and I have written 6 Hubs. 5 of them have been featured. For now it seems to me that using this tool is the key.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

This tool is just one of the keys.  Articles need to be of good quality and have meaningful content as well.  Sounds like you are doing something right though...keep up the good work!