jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Possible reasons for hub not being featured....

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

Was it the tacky photoshop pic of Palin, obnoxious YouTube video, using the "s   e   x"  word, or too personal? Advice please.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Was this a new Hub that you published recently, or is it a Hub that was featured for a few weeks then got idled?

If an existing Hub is idled after it's been featured for some time, it's probably because it wasn't getting enough traffic.  That's the main reason why a previously featured Hub gets idled, nothing to do with content or quality at all.

Take a look at the title tuner to see if you can improve the title.  If there aren't any suggestions in the title tuner, that in itself tells you the problem - you're not even getting enough visits for the title tuner to work on. Do some more keyword research to see if you can improve your SEO.

Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Marisa. It was a hub I published yesterday.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 years ago

You can submit it here if you think there is a mistake.

https://docs.google.com/a/yieldbuild.co … Mmk1QVE6MQ

Thank you, Paul  smile

2. Bill Yovino profile image92
      Bill Yovinoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Paul,

If a Hub falls out of Featured status due to lack of views, does idling it benefit Hubpages? In other words, does a quality, content-rich work that is lightly read, reflect badly in the eyes of Google?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bill, that question has been answered by HubPages staff already.   The answer is no, a good quality, low-trafficked Hub does not reflect badly in the eyes of Google.

You only have to look at successful news sites - which have large numbers of archived posts which are "old news" and therefore rarely viewed - to know that's true.

Idling for low traffic is a stop-gap measure, because it is going to take time to put all existing Hubs through the QAP.   Idling all Hubs with poor traffic is effective because many of them are poor quality - Google has slapped or ignored them, and that's why they're not attracting readers.

Unfortunately, the system also catches good quality Hubs with low search volumes.  That's tough on the Hubber, but HubPages felt it didn't have a choice - they couldn't see any other way of rapidly removing the rubbish and that's something they needed to do urgently.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the outcome but I can see the logic of what they've done.

1. Bill Yovino profile image92
          Bill Yovinoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa.  I will keep plugging away. Some of the Hubs of which I am most proud have a very low amount of views. Some of my Hubs that do very well are instructional and useful, but not so satisfying on a creative level.

3. CroftRoan profile image80
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

Sometimes it's just because you don't have a summary. I haven't seen your hub but check that out. That was why some of mine weren't featured in the beginning.

Croftroan,
      I checked and I do have a summary. Thank you. smile

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I would need a link to the hub to make any suggestions.

http://gcrhoads64.hubpages.com/hub/Hill … Real-Women
      Thanks psycheskinner.
      I replaced the video with another, and resubmitted.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It looks fine to me.

Thanks for looking, psycheskinner.

working