jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Idled Hubs becoming featured!!!

1. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

So I had many hubs that did not have that H logo next to them, which meant they were not featured. Well now almost all of those hubs are now featured and I did not go ahead and edit them. Maybe only a few. I am curious to know what happened? Anyone experience a similar situation?

1. quicksand profile image83
      quicksandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine too! I guess the old saying goes ... "He who falls asleep has to wake up sometime!"  smile

2. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I brought this up several months ago over here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105344 . It seemed to me sleepy hubs were "waking up", and other idled ones were still indexed. Not that any of that is a problem, but I was curious what were the "mechanics" of all that.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I just noticed the same thing. I've had an idled hub sitting around for a while that I haven't bothered to do anything with... it's related to Christmas so I figured there was no point in updating it now and decided that it could wait till the next holiday season was coming up.
    Lo and behold, last time I looked @ my stats I noticed that it has suddenly become "re-featured" without me doing a thing do it. It must be a Festivus miracle!!!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image96
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, that was quick. The Christmas-related Hub is idled again. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Might as well let it sleep till October now...

3. johndnathan profile image87
    johndnathanposted 4 years ago

I had wondered about this.

Does anyone know the conditions in which idled hubs would automatically become featured again? 

I have a hub about gay marriage that went idle.  Of course because of the subject matter it triggers the auto-filter any time I edit it, so I have to contact support and have them manually remove the auto-filter, and it's rather tedious to do so.

1. johndnathan profile image87
      johndnathanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Speaking of which my gay marriage hub just popped back into featured status.  Maybe this is a new thing they're doing.

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

Why is it that changing even the smallest thing boosts hits all of a sudden? What actually happens that makes it visible?

1. johndnathan profile image87
      johndnathanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Editing your hub puts it back in pending review status.  At least one hit on there is you when you edited your hub.  The other hits are from hub hoppers determining if your hub is feature-worthy.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ohhhh... hub hoppers. I see. Thanks!

5. Marketing Merit profile image84
    Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago

I thought Simone had posted an update about this fairly recently. I believe that the criteria for idle hubs has been relaxed a little and also adjusted to factor in other criteria.
    http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/03/featured-hub-updates/

working