jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Can I remove my articles from my blog and publish them here?

1. youssefdoukkali profile image59
    youssefdoukkaliposted 3 years ago

I have about 8 articles I don't know if is accepted that I transfer them from my blog to this site. Thank for your help.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Peruse http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents to see if your topics are acceptable and to learn lots of other stuff.

Then, if all appears well...

Check to see if your articles have been stolen. If not, then delete the articles from your blog.

Request Google via Webmasters Tools to remove the deleted articles from the index.

Wait a couple days.

Put a big, fat message on your profile announcing what you are doing.

Publish your articles here.

The articles may still get flagged as duplicate, and you will still have to get back to HP via email as to what you are doing. But eventually everything should get worked out.

Btw, I did the big-fat-msg-on-profile thing way back when I transferred my articles from eHow. I had no problems, so apparently it worked. Your results may vary. smile

1. Simone Smith profile image91
        Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Excellent advice, paradigmsearch! Thanks for sharing your steps!

2. Paul Maplesden profile image89
      Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You may also want to put a '301 redirect' on your old blog article address to direct to the new HP hub article address, this will transfer the visitor seamlessly if they do visit your old address (from a link or other search engine). If you use Wordpress or Blogger to blog, searching for 301 redirect will get you a bit more information.

This thread is turning into The Complete Guide on How to Transfer Articles. big_smile

2. youssefdoukkali profile image59
    youssefdoukkaliposted 3 years ago

Thank you for your pristine answer. I have to admit I cannot do all these steps without making a mess lol , I prefer to try one single article and see the reaction of Hubpages  guys. smile

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The least you can do is check to see if your article you deleted still shows up in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Wait until these three search engines drop the listing, then it's saver to publish it as a your Hub. Still no guarantees however. But it worked for me.

Yo! How's that kale tea doing? I'm drinking that stuff everyday. I want that lutein...

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
          Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ha Ha - funny you ask. I just made a cup of it last night.

2. youssefdoukkali profile image59
        youssefdoukkaliposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your replay.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If it's all too hard, the simple version is to delete them from your blog, wait three or four weeks, and then republish them here.  That gives Google time to work out they're gone.

Having said that, are you hoping to make money online with your writing?  If you are, and those instructions are too hard, then I'd say give up now.  Making money online is about 10% writing and 90% self-promotion, search engine optimisation, traffic analysis, etc etc.

I know it looks daunting at first but take it slowly, I'm sure you can do it.

1. youssefdoukkali profile image59
        youssefdoukkaliposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marisa for your replay. I am not planning to make money with my writing I have gained 4 dollars in 3 years and with a lot of hassle. I know it is hard to gain money. My real goal is to improve my English so I can write my own books:)

3. John Jason Hosac profile image61
    John Jason Hosacposted 3 years ago

I would input an auto redirect in your blog to here and remove the content from your other site and post it here. It may take some time to get it straightened out due to hubpages' policy on duplicate material posted elsewhere.

working