jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

What's the best way to review and revamp your Hubs?

1. billd01603 profile image88
    billd01603posted 3 years ago

Tomorrow or Sunday i will publish my 53rd Hub. I try to publish at least one Hub a week. I'm thinking of taking a week off and working on improving my Hubs. I'm only getting an average of 50-80 pageviews a day.

Is it advisable to take a week off to improve my current portfolio of Hubs?

1. Rebecca Furtado profile image77
      Rebecca Furtadoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would guess that since revamping means getting your hubs reviewed again might improve their overall standing. You will lose the page views from when your hub is down, but the pay off probably outwiegh the decision to keep them up losing traffice.

1. billd01603 profile image88
        billd01603posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Rebecca

2. Paul Maplesden profile image91
      Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't think of it as a week off, but rather as a week spent polishing.

I think it's important to revisit and update older content; we all learn tips and techniques here as we go along, and time spent making your old content better is likely to help in the long terms with views.

In terms of specific improvements, you might want to look at the Stellar Hubs guidance in the Learning Center and use that as a basis, you can find it here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

I've been going through and slowly updating my older hubs and have seen an increase in Google Search Rankins, so I definitely think it's worth doing.

3. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To add to the Learning Center guide that Paul has already shared, allow me to recommend this: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Upda … se-traffic

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Item 12 depresses me. However, I am working up the willpower to do it.

2. billd01603 profile image88
    billd01603posted 3 years ago

Thanks Paul and Simone. I appreciate your input

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Take as long as you need.  I am also revitalizing and revamping my hubs.   It will TAKE a WHILE.

4. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 3 years ago

It does take time, depending on the number of hubs you have. I have been trying my best to revamp my hubs and i started doing that since December. It does seem a long time, but i'm glad that i'm getting positive results now.

1. joanwz profile image87
      joanwzposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Revamp? Check spelling and grammar for typos. Add new pictures or change out pictures. if information is outdated or new information is available find away to update it that way.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
        Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think being able to go in at will to change and update our hubs is one of the best features we have here. Other sites make you write pieces for approval, and you have to wait it out to see if you are accepted. Then if you write a piece, and edit it later, it goes back in the approval area again. That's hard to get used to, because your piece isn't displayed much if they keep re-approving it.

It is definitely worth it to update your hubs, and spend a week. I've spent several weeks just keeping up with all the changes Hubpages has gone through in the last year, so am used to it. Plus, time matters with hubs. I didn't see a lot of traffic on certain ones until they were a year old. Be patient, and by all means, the week "off" to redo a few things will help you. Check spacing, punctuation, and that kind of thing, no matter how much you proofread, it's hard to see your own mistakes. Find better pictures, and maybe split up some hubs more with bold subtitles. Use your imagination! You'll be fine.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I look at my hubs as if they were my garden.  I prune, water, fertilize and cultivate constantly so that my babies will bloom.  I learn so much while doing this, and my work is so much better because I do.

2. billd01603 profile image88
          billd01603posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Jean. I will do the things you suggest