jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

HubPages' Specific Hubs You Wrote?

1. DIYmommy profile image77
    DIYmommyposted 3 years ago

Fairly new to HubPages, I'm still trying to learn as much as I possibly can.

While writing my own hubs, I've come across some writers who have written specifically about tips/tricks behind writing and generally functioning on HubPages, whether it be about increasing earnings, being a good Hub Citizen, etc.

Would anyone be willing to share any hubs you wrote, like that, here? ....or, possibly, recommend hubs from another hubber?

I'm trying to read and consume as many as I can. Of course, that means I actually have to "find" them.

I'd appreciate any hubs anyone can post here. Or, if there is a better way for me to find this content, please let me know! Thanks you!

1. GinnyLee profile image93
      GinnyLeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi DIY,

I recommend reviewing the hubs written here  http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages-tut … unity/2848

There are a lot of good ideas and lessons learned.  Good luck!

1. DIYmommy profile image77
        DIYmommyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh, wow. That is perfect, GinnyLee. That was exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the help!

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey DIYmommy!
      As much as I appreciate some of the guides Hubbers have written, many of them (much to my horror) actually share incorrect information and bad advice, and it's impossible for HubPages staff to go through and point out what is solid and what isn't.
      For that reason, I recommend sticking to our Learning Center and FAQ:

And don't hesitate to drop me a line if you think that we should be covering something that is not presently covered! big_smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

Some of the how to hubs are out-dated and no longer apply to how one writes at HP.  But there are some interesting, well-written hubs that can be very helpful.  relache has one about Improving Your Hub Score with a table of contents to other helpful hubs she has written.  In that particular hub, I'm not positive the numbers are still accurate as far as percentiles since the QAP ratings have been introduced.

I have one that I wrote about why I love writing here that had been idled but was recently featured again after no edits on my part.  It is more of a tribute hub.

The Learning Center is full of great advice and should be a first stop and yet I think it's fun sometimes to read other people's experiences and writing tips in general.  As long as it doesn't violate terms of use and is currently plausible, some of the advice is very helpful.