jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Revamping a stats column to be user selectable

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Some of the information in the hub metrics on each hub would be very interesting to see on the main stats page and allow comparison between various metrics and traffic, age or whatever.

Could one column of that page, perhaps the "changed" column, be changed to something user selectable between changed, word count, incoming links, view duration and perhaps QAP score?  Maybe a drop down window allowing the hubber to select which he would like to see for that column on the main stats page.

Still sortable, of course, or much of the value would disappear.

1. 0
      Ruth Lanhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Really good idea!

2. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We actually discussed something similar to this internally last week. I'll bring it up again at this week's community meeting! We definitely are for adding more utility to the stats page. big_smile

3. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey again Wilderness!
      We discussed the idea again this week in our community meeting, and while we agree the feature would be nice to have, it doesn't look like it'll be anything we'll be able to implement over the next couple of months given our present backlog of work.
      We appreciate your bringing this up though!

wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh well, maybe down the road.

Thanks for the update, Simone.  Give the engineers a kick for me - get 'em moving! big_smile

2. Greensleeves Hubs profile image96
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 3 years ago

That sounds like a good idea wilderness. I tend to use the main 'My Account' page as a way of comparing and contrasting hub stats - notably daily, weekly, monthly and all time traffic, as well as Comments and Feedback (I then keep records of each hub's landmarks on a database - being a bit of a nerd!) All the suggested additions you mention would be very welcome indeed.

The only problem is the danger of over-cluttering the page. Most of the stats currently on the page are interesting and useful, but I would agree that the 'changed' column is one which could certainly be given over to something more useful - it's the only column which I never look at. Perhaps the answer as you suggest is a drop down menu so that the Account page can be customised to suit each hubber's preferences and to facilitate the search for statistics which interest each hubber.

It is encouraging to see Simone's interest in this idea. I really hope that it can be put into practice.

wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it would be very easy to clutter the page to the point that it is nearly worthless.  A drop down menu for customization, though, would allow each hubber to only "clutter" it with what they need at the moment.

working