jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

FIXED: Traffic processing issues

1. ilscherzo profile image81
    ilscherzoposted 3 years ago

From Google I get -1 today, in the table under Traffic Sources. What's that even supposed to mean? A negative referral? Something like my articles referring a viewer to a search result?

So strange.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's probably just a bit of bugginess in the way we measure referrals. I'll check with the team to see if they might have any more detailed explanations.

2. rumanasaiyed profile image64
    rumanasaiyedposted 3 years ago

Even I had once got such negative visit. Don't know what does it mean.

3. ilscherzo profile image81
    ilscherzoposted 3 years ago

Thank you.

4. skear profile image91
    skearposted 3 years ago

I see a -1 sometimes as well, a few almost always show up when I sort by last 24 hours.

5. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Just heard back from Paul Deeds. The odd number is caused by "operational issues with traffic processing", so the cause is pretty much what I originally suggested, but said more accurately and smart-like! big_smile

6. BeatsMe profile image82
    BeatsMeposted 3 years ago

Hi, just curious. If a negative number appears in the stats, is the total number of views also being deducted? I don't really take note of the total views in each search category but I'm starting to wonder if the total views are also being deducted due to these negative numbers.

7. Moon Daisy profile image83
    Moon Daisyposted 3 years ago

Hi, I am also getting many negative numbers in my traffic sources, coupled with a sudden dramatic drop in views to all my hubs.  My overall view figures recently dropped suddenly from hundreds per day to double figures.

I guess if my numbers hadn't dropped so dramatically I wouldn't have seen the negative figures, so I think dropping numbers is my main problem here.

Is that a known issue too?  Or something to do with Google or my hub popularity?  Some other people have said their figures have gone down a lot too on the thread that I started about this problem.  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111447

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Moon Daisy
      I looked at your account and see the negative traffic source numbers to which you are referring.  I am doing some additional research and will let you know what I determine.
      Thanks for your patience.

1. Moon Daisy profile image83
        Moon Daisyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm really glad that you're looking into it, thank you for your help.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
          Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Negative values for traffic sources is a known issue.
          I started a forum thread for it here:
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111524

Closed to reply

working