jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

"Digg.com" usefull?

1. riotgrrrl profile image87
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

I've been looking at ways of further promoting my hubs, and i'm wondering how usefull you have found Digg.com to be? It all sounds pretty good from what i've read, but i'm wondering how much traffic you find it generates for you?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

According to my stats page I have only had 15 views from it and the last two hubs I posted didn't get seen once.  I think it is a waste of time, imho.

2. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 7 years ago

On Digg.com you have to try really hard and even then you may not have success with it.

If you take a look at the top diggers you will see that there are lots of tech,business and blogging articles being dugg, particularly on the front pages of digg.

You might want to try and think about your titles more along the lines that other Digg users might get noticed by.

Titles like 20 reasons why...and 10 top whatever! seem to get dugg more....it's a tough job!

3. riotgrrrl profile image87
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

is it primarily business related then? :-s not sure my hubs fit in anywhere there...

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not always, these are just the dominant digg stories that seem to override everthing else, I'd recommend doing a mixture of different topics and test it out!

4. charlemont profile image82
    charlemontposted 7 years ago

If you start digging your hubs too actively, they can ban you. In fact, other bookmarking services react in the same way if they notice spamming. A workaround would be to digg not all hubs, but ezinearticles pointing to hubs, or scribd PDF ebooks with links to hubs. Some 3d party services which provide links to your hubs. That way digg will think you're bookmarking different pages/sites/blogs/posts not written by you. Or use some software that submits diggs via proxies (not that easy to find those proxies, though, and it is kinda blackhat).

1. gamergirl profile image60
      gamergirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So what this means in layman's terms is:  Use Digg.com sparingly, and don't fake the system because it's lame to cheat and will just get you banned anyway.

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Honestly I rarely log into digg because it is just another thing to do.  I like mixx better for some reason, but I do visit digg occasionally.