jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Motivation / Moral support needed!!

1. riotgrrrl profile image89
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

I'm sure you have all been in this position at some point in your hub career but....

I've been working away pretty hard on my hubs and promotion for weeks now and have only earned around two dollars *cries* Is this typical really to begin with? Or am i just exceptionally bad!!? Can't help but feel as though i'm essentially being paid like a cent for every three hours of work or something daft like that!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You have to give it time. It takes most people 9 or 10 months to get the their first AdSense payout. I think I made $3 on HubPages in my first month, if that.

3. dineane profile image85
    dineaneposted 7 years ago

You have to get out of the mentality that you are selling your time for money - that's what we do when we have a JOB, working for someone else. Here, you are building your own business, and the time is an investment for future money. I've only earned a little over $20 so far, but I believe this stuff grows exponentially. If I keep at it a while, the money will keep increasing without my effort increasing.

Besides, I enjoy writing. It doesn't feel like work to me, so the pennies I earn are just icing on the cake. I think it's going to be way cool if someday my passive income becomes significant, and it seems the potential is definitely there for that to happen.

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

I agree.  Just keep at it.  I think all total, between all the affiliates, I have earned about $30.  The more you write, the more Hubs you have out there, the more traffic you are going to recieve, and the more money you will make.  Just keep writing, and eventually the money will follow.  If you write it, the money will come...