jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is your experience of reddit.com?

1. Louise Lately profile image88
    Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago

Do you use reddit? I find the website really hard to get my head around! But seems useful for sharing links on specific subjects.

1. dungeonraider profile image84
      dungeonraiderposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Reddit's a fun site for those wanting to post small snippets of information about anything under the sun.  Check out the sub-reddits to maximize the effectiveness of your posts.

Reddit prefers posts to be original, non-monetized material.  Posting articles from HubPages is generally received poorly, especially when spamming posts or posting in the wrong reddit venue.

Traffic gained from Reddit is generally people that stay on the page very briefly.  This doesn't bode well for writers trying to get in Google's good graces.

That all being said, Reddit is a unique community who show love to regulars who don't appear to be 'trying too hard.'  The Reddit community welcomes people who are there to better the Reddit experience, not harm it.

1. Louise Lately profile image88
        Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your very helpful comment! That's given me a good overview. I have also got the impression that reddit doesnt like users that are there to 'sell' their content - it's all about starting discussions and handing out useful tips in sub-reddits.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would never use Reddit to promote myself or share a bunch of stuff in general (unless it was super relevant to the followers of a subreddit that I knew very, very well), but I LOVE THAT SITE!
      If you find it hard to wrap your mind around it, subscribe to some specific subreddits that are relevant to your interests, then review them through the mobile app, which I find to be less busy and overwhelming. Hope that helps! big_smile

2. Louise Lately profile image88
    Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago

Thank you Simone! I will definitely check out the mobile app - I find the site to be quite dated but I suppose that's the appeal for some - that it attracts certain dedicated users. Excited to find out what reddit's app is all about:)

3. apartmentsinminsk profile image71
    apartmentsinminskposted 3 years ago

I have been active on Reddit for almost a year now. I must say, it is a great community (it really is). And I am proud to be a part of it. Besides being an awesome and helpful community, Reddit is also one of the platforms, which can generate tons of traffic to your website and give your brand massive exposure and followers…