jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

Are My Hubs TOO Personal?

1. anitariley65 profile image81
    anitariley65posted 7 years ago

I recently got a volatile comment on one of my hubs. The comment insisted that I not be so personal and embarrassing? I did see that the person leaving the comment was new, had a hub score of 12, and had no published hubs. The main reason I started on here was to get out information to people who have, or are, suffering from some of the same problems that I have. I had no help or education with what I had to deal with so I want to make sure that others out there do, and that they know they have some support. Please take the time to read my hubs and tell me if I am saying TOO much for this purpose. I would really appreciate the feedback.

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

People can choose not to read it - just a trouble-maker, so ignore him. Your Hub is your space, and as long as you remain within Hubpage and Adsense TOS, write what you want! smile

2. BDazzler profile image84
      BDazzlerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I browsed your hubs. They are informative and well written. If they make someone uncomfortable, the back button works just fine on most browsers and they can stop reading any time they want.

I say, keep writing and just use the "Deny" button on old #12.

2. anitariley65 profile image81
    anitariley65posted 7 years ago

I need help here, before I even publish another hub that I am working on?????????

3. dineane profile image84
    dineaneposted 7 years ago

I browsed a couple of your hubs, and I say there's nothing wrong with personal. Don't worry about negative comments - unless maybe you revealed something personal about someone you know and that is who made the comment? Just keep hubbing - you get to write pretty much what you want to :-)

1. anitariley65 profile image81
      anitariley65posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much. No, the comment I received wasn't from anyone I know or wrote about. I have a lot of support from those mentioned in all of my hubs. Thanks for the input. I was just worried, with being new here, that maybe I was doing it all wrong, LOL.

4. 49er profile image81
    49erposted 7 years ago

I did not see anything objectionable about your hubs either.

I would second dineane's comment to keep on hubbing, because there are a lot of negative people online and many who are more likely to act out on their urges in this kind of semi-anonymous environment. I try not to get too hung up on what others say online, which can be admittedly a little hard sometimes.

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't advise listening to someone with a 12 score.

6. sschilke profile image81
    sschilkeposted 7 years ago

Don't worry about the comment, it's just one opinion in a sea of millions.  Your hubs look fine to me. 

7. 0
    AngryITChickposted 7 years ago

There is nothing wrong with putting a bit of your flesh into a piece.  But I don't need to tell you that, you've got a whole very supportive community here telling you the same thing.  I'm a little new and it's nice to see such support.

8. Amber Musselman profile image60
    Amber Musselmanposted 7 years ago

I dont think there is anything wrong with personal!!  If they dont like it they dont have to read it.

9. chillingbreeze profile image59
    chillingbreezeposted 7 years ago

Hubs with a personal opinion, touch and pitch are considered more credible. And your hubs are doing great. Personally, I'd never like dull articles or blogs with NO personal touch.  Ignore the trouble-makers smile

10. Just_Rodney profile image43
    Just_Rodneyposted 7 years ago

I think, that at one time or another, all of the hubbers I know have bared there souls out here on the hubs. Ignore the remark, it does not resemble you.

11. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

There is nothing wrong with personal, so keep on writing and being yourself. wink

12. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

That is the danger of putting yourself out there, negative feedback.  But it is your space and your time, take advantage.  I thought they were well written and interesting.  Keep it up.