jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Please Expain How, Why for 'Lazarus' Process, Idled hubs get Featured

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

Several people on various forums have reported that some of their Idled hubs are getting featured again without any editing occurring. How and Why does this occur? Is it related to the extension given to the Grace Period for authors with a good hubber score? Is there some other Reason? How can this occur if the hub gets no search engine traffic - perhaps they do get traffic due to delays with Google acting on the NOINDEX tag.
    Would appreciate some advice on this. Thanks.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Paul Deeds had answered this elsewhere before; this is his explanation:

"Because it takes time for search engines to crawl and propogate a noindex designation into the search results, it's possible for a Hub that was not featured because of low traffic to regain featured status without an edit if it's traffic increases.

I's fairly unusual, but there has been a fair amount of turbulence in the Google indexes in particular lately.  So that's my best guess as to what may have happened."

1. janderson99 profile image86
        janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply!
        Given it appears to be widespread, I do not understand. Are all the hubs constantly re-checked? My guess at what this means is that a hub that gets idled and gets a NOINDEX tag, may remain indexed by Google for a while - so it could get enough extra traffic to get over the high jump bar. The HP algo thingo notices this and re-features it.
        Is this what is happening? Could slight changes in hubber score around the threshold for extra Grace period also trigger this? So if the hubber score goes up when the HP algo revisits the author's hub - some hubs on the boundary may get  the kiss of life. If the hubber score goes down again so extra grace goes, does this mean more idling. Thanks

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 3 years ago

Loads of mine were re-featured.

None gets traffic.

My hubberscore is down.

It looks to me as if HP has decided to re-feature certain hubs, perhaps after they've been through QAP and have been deemed to be of high enough quality.

Don't know they don't just come out and say it.

It looks to me as if this is a knee-jerk reaction to stop the high number of quality hubs being removed from the site.