jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

All the Zeros....

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
    Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago

I know I haven't been here very long, but seeing all those zeros beside my articles are discouraging.
    How do you stay motivated to write?

2. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 3 years ago

If writing is your passion---you will never give up. You inspire yourself by feeling life and all it gives one---then write about it.

Keep up the good work and write about what you like---and your opinions. Do reviews of movies, or television shows, stars and their homes---the list is endless.

Good Luck and smile in your writing to make us want to read more.
    Bobbi Purvis

1. pagesvoice profile image87
      pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Bobbi you have given this newbie some great advice. Write with passion, expression and heart is what I try to do, even if it's a recipe hub. Although I have been writing for years on various sites, I know what the feeling is like when only a couple of people visit a hub. The main thing is to stay positive and keep going. If other hubbers haven't read and commented on a hub, then post it to facebook and twitter. Also, take your story and email it to friends and relatives and ask for feedback. Sometimes when a reaction is lukewarm it may simply mean you have to go back and fine tune your article. Give your story a tweak here and an interesting photo there. As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day." Best wishes and don't give up.

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
        Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you  for your advice, Bobbi and pagesvoice.
        Instead of focusing on how many people aren't reading, I will focus on the fact that some people are. If I build it, they will come, lol.
        I will stay positive, because that is my basic personality anyway. smile