List of Sites Scraping Content

Jump to Last Post 51-87 of 87 discussions (313 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Curiadposted 11 years ago

I have never filed a DMCA, how does one go about this?

Mark

2. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

I just discovered one of my pieces copied word for word on Squidoo.  I also emailed the lady and complained to the company, but will definitely check out these other sites.  Jeez!  What a hassle.

3. cperuzzi profile image91
    cperuzziposted 11 years ago

Freaking parasites.

4. CarlySullens profile image81
    CarlySullensposted 11 years ago

Thank you for helping me become aware. 

Sadly I found a ton of mine stolen. sad

Here is another site I found to add to your list.

healthforpeoples 

there were 3 of mine here.

1. TheKatsMeow profile image89
      TheKatsMeowposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am almost afraid to check this one out after all the other ones...

Yep one of mine is on there sad

1. CarlySullens profile image81
          CarlySullensposted 11 years agoin reply to this

sad

1. theraggededge profile image97
            theraggededgeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

JudiBee has posted a whole list of sites scraping your content:

FinanceForPeoples
            Familywithparenting
            FoodforCooking
            EverythingAtHomes
            GenderRelationships   
            Games-Toys-Hobbies
            BusinessEmployment
            EntertainmentwithMedia
            EducationforScience
            CelebrationforHoliday
            Pets-and-Animal
            artswithdesign
            religion-philosophy
            travelingandplaces

and adding

healthforpeoples (thanks).

2. savingkathy profile image92
            savingkathyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure enough, I found two more of my hubs on this latest site. Well over half of my hubs have been copied by this guy, and I'm afraid there's still more I have yet to discover. Will it ever end?

5. CarlySullens profile image81
    CarlySullensposted 11 years ago

OK, so this is really peculiar.

Julie DeNeen is my friend who helped me get started at Hubpages.

If you go to travelingandplaces . com

search for Julie DeNeen you will find 4 of her hubs stolen.

I searched for my name Carly Sullens....

What comes up is a Hub I did not write BUT Julie did!   That is so odd.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw the same phenomenon last night when I was DMCA'ing my little butt off over stuff that this choad stole for his "entertainmentwithmedia" site. When I put "FatFreddysCat" in the search box, a whole list of stuff stolen from my Hubs came back... as well as a few articles that were not written by me. Thought that was kinda odd.

YES! I noticed this too! I was searching for mine and some of my friends user names and more than their stuff came back in the search.

Even worse, when I put my name in the search box, only ten or so of my Hubs came back. I thought "Oh, that's not so bad."
          ...but at the bottom of each of my stolen Hubs were "Related Articles" links to MORE of my stolen Hubs, which didn't come back on the initial search.

I ended up filing 25 DMCA's last night and like I said earlier, I'm almost afraid to go take another look at that guy's site cuz I really don't want to find anymore.... arrrrgh

and worse this twerp has more sites than we realized, I just checked out health for peoples and found more stolen stuff:(

That sinks it. Someone needs to kill this guy. Get the White House on the phone, maybe we can get someone there to authorize a drone strike on his house. "Accidentally," of course.

Or maybe JabberJaw.

"Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk! Hey copy scraper, you suck!" (CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP) smile

OK, that is kind of funny and kind of scary that I can read that and hear his voice in my head.  And you remember the words!!!  Fat FreddysCat you are the kind of interesting I like.

2. theraggededge profile image97

Probably because you'd commented on their hubs, or they'd linked to yours. I noticed it too. Which just goes to show they are not just lifting text - they are taking the whole pages/site.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had a few like that, too - I think they might be hubs where our work is linked, or where we are quoted.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One for you as requested Marcy...
        http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7860304_f248.jpg

1. Cardisa profile image88
          Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mark, I need a FB avatar.

Hey Cardisa... I thought you had one!

I need one that will make me look awfully ugly. One that will deter stalkers. The one you gave me makes me look too darn cute! I Haven't been using my real photo because the harassment started again, but this time I have no idea who, they are just emails with no return except from Facebook.

"Ugly"... Then you need an artist with more skill than me...

lol....Okay I need something less pretty!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7860383_f248.jpg

Now I must stop spamming my pictures...

Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yay!  My own, Special Request Mark Ewbie original! 

I feel better now. Am I the blonde?

Er yes.  If you want to be.

3. sholland10 profile image83
      sholland10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Carly, I think if we have commented on a hub, a hubber has mentioned us, or a hubber has a back link to our hub that it will show up.  I noticed some hubs popped up that I had left comments.  <sigh>  Just more to weed through.

6. TheKatsMeow profile image89
    TheKatsMeowposted 11 years ago

I just did a reverse lookup of this person on who .is

It says that the person who has stolen our content owns a total of 17 domains. Of course I can't find out what the domain names are, but we seem to have only found out about 14 of their domain names.... (maybe they aren't all websites with stolen content, but I am feeling paranoid)

7. TheKatsMeow profile image89
    TheKatsMeowposted 11 years ago

Quick question: some of the sites like EverythingAtHomes .com has no search bar, and over 14,000 pages. How does one even find their articles on a site like that?

1. Judi Bee profile image90
      Judi Beeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try putting this    /?s=TheKatsMeow  after the .com.

awesome, thanks!

2. theraggededge profile image97

Click on any article link and the search will come up on the page.

8. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 11 years ago

Maybe someone who knows more than I do about this internet stuff can check this out, but it appears he's plugged his own amazon ID into every Amazon product link he took from our Hubs.  Can anybody verify if this is correct, and if so is there a way to take him down using that info?

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I wonder how many views the jerk is getting through all the clicks from our site while we look for our content?

1. sholland10 profile image83
      sholland10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought about that, Marcy. sad

2. Millionaire Tips profile image92
      Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's why I turn my adblocker on. It is off for HubPages, but this thief won't be getting any revenue from me!

3. TheKatsMeow profile image89

I was thinking about that too, it's lose-lose for us.

10. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 11 years ago

I just don't understand why Hubpages cannot implement code onto the site that prevents copy and paste it would not stop all of the scrapers but would sure help cutting down the number of copied Hubs.
    This was discussed in the first year of Hubpages and nothing was ever done about it then.....jimmy

1. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jim,
      It is not a copy-paste request, per se.
      The scraper is not actually copying/pasting the content. They are -most often- just using the server commands to "GET" the info on the page (fopen url; read elements; get this and that; fclose; display). This is precisely how Rich Snippets work --and posts on sites like Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google +, etc. It captures certain elements and displays them in-page.

Sucks that it was discussed and not addressed. Seven years and one million pubs later... yikes!

James.

11. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I wonder if we get paid for 'views' when Google checks our content to verify we are the authors?  Just trying to find a silver lining in the cloud . . .

That is a nice thought.  smile

2. TheKatsMeow profile image89

Not to be a downer, but I keep thinking about the boost in views that this thief is getting by everyone checking out their stolen hubs on his sites sad

After spending more time than I would've liked going over that rock sucker's site with a fine tooth comb while filing DMCAs the other night, I would wager that "our" views are probably the only traffic he's getting anyway... those sites are godawful ugly, plain and simply painful to look at.

12. LauraD093 profile image70
    LauraD093posted 11 years ago

I took a look -this makes me literally sick to my stomach. Thief is thief something needs to be done about this (although I personally have not been effected) Every day there seems to be another forum topic regarding copied/stolen work. Hubpages is in danger of losing a great deal of its talented writers. I know of several who have already started pulling their hubs.

13. Winterfate profile image94
    Winterfateposted 11 years ago

Heh, that character scraped most of my older game hubs. Time to file another DMCA. *sigh*

14. profile image0
    Queenlushlipsposted 11 years ago

Wow, I see what having young ears does to you, I don't want to come off pre-teeny but should not they're be a way we can unite on this issue and report as a whole, sounds serious I might be at risk too! Oh no . . .

15. AMFredenburg profile image73
    AMFredenburgposted 11 years ago

I've only got a few Hubs published so far, and this discussion is making me wonder if it's worth it to publish any more. If HubPages can't or won't take action on a consistent basis against these scrapers but expects each individual writer to protect him- or herself, that's not a good sign.

16. Judi Bee profile image90
    Judi Beeposted 11 years ago

His education for science site is certainly still up and he is adding content today.

17. Mark Johann profile image61
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

Would be allowed if all of us hubbers click the adsense ads to these sites so that, adsense will be banned to that sites?

1. jezebellamina profile image60
      jezebellaminaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't want to risk that he may not get banned and make a ton of money off of us!
      A better way would be for everyone with stolen content to report copyright abuse directly to Adsense. It's a serious violation of their TOS.

By the looks of things, there are a  ton of us dealing with this guy, so if each and every one of us reports the pages that are running ads on our own stolen content, that should speed things along.
      I know Adsense doesn't play around and take even one complaint pretty seriously, so over a dozen all at once would hopefully do the trick!!

2. jezebellamina profile image60

Here is the direct link to report Adsense abuse:

https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/ … ;&rd=1

Use the specific URLs where your stolen content appears. ( I would probably fill out one form for each of the websites that is stealing your work, but include all the links from that one site in the same form)

Choose the box under 'copyright' and then use the "violation details" box to tell them that you have also filed a DMCA complaint directly to Google and that this site is copying content from HubPages - yours and others.

I am hoping that by mentioning HubPages, it will make it easier for them to see that yes, each and every article on the site is taken directly from there, which should make it obvious that the site is an automated content scraping machine.

1. Jenn-Anne profile image75
        Jenn-Anneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for the instructions!  I'll be filing mine later today. If I understand correctly, most people are filing with google and adsense, is that right?

Yes I would recommend filling the DMCA complaint with Google first, citing a copyright infringement. This type of complaint will help get the site deindexed from Google's search, making it pretty useless to the site owner while also rendering it mostly invisible in terms of duplicate content concerns.

You can do this here:
          https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … ;&rd=1

I provided the links to each of my hubs in a separate 'group', along with the location of the unauthorized posts and a description of what was the infringed upon portion ( in my case, all of it).

After you file that complaint, then report the site owner to Adsense for violating its TOS through this form: https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/ … ;&rd=1

Hopefully the two-tiered approach will have more leverage in both cases!

You can also repeat step one with Yahoo and Bing to get the site removed from their search engines as well, but I haven't done this yet myself.

Thanks so much for all the info Jezebellamina!  I filed with Google. Will file with adsense next. Then I'll think about the other search engines. Hoping all this effort pays off and shuts the sites down (or at least makes them totally unprofitable).

Yes! You're welcome. I think with this many of us doing this we can at least accomplish that!!

2. jacharless profile image74

Definitely would do the later one first. Money is a content thief's objective.
            The former is really no good, as Google cannot enforce copyright, rendering them powerless, save indexing.  Same as HP can only alert you of the duplicate issue. Legally they are not responsible for copyrights. However, as mentioned, you CAN and should report the domain/name-server directly to the hosting provider or registry using a whois lookup. Since the registry legally issues copyright of domain name, use of their server containers/IP Addresses and regulates/monitors content on domains, they have the legal means and authority to pursue action (i.e. remove hosting, dissolve the domain registry agreement, for violations of their terms of use, fines/damages, etc). A much more effective method.

Google has a massive back-log of DMCA claims in the States alone, which can take weeks, months --even a year to file and have a response, from the US Copyright office, or WIPO -who is the governing body over the Digital Millennium Copyright Act [DMCA]. Else go directly to the DMCA website and let their team do what they are trained to do: protect your content.
            smile
            James.

Thanks James.

I guess I was thinking that the reported Adsense violation might be taken more seriously if there was an official report of the alleged copyright violation first...since the Adsense form itself doesn't really ask for proof...and that the combination of both would strengthen both claims. You may be right though, this is my first rodeo!

Actually, the first course of action I was going to take was contacting the host, but after looking them up on WhoIs, I found that they are located in Asia (both site owner and hosting provider). I thought that probably meant that there is less chance any requests would be taken seriously. Surely they're not legally bound by the US's DMCA laws? I think they are probably hedging their bets that most of us won't come after them legally. In my case, they'd be right... I don't even know if it's possible to file a suit against someone in another country...

I'm trying not to lose hope - I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we may not be able to get the site or our stolen content taken down, but like you said we can hit 'em where it hurts... right in the Adsense nuts!!!

1. jacharless profile image74

+1 !

2. cclitgirl profile image92
              cclitgirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Question, James: why couldn't HubPages develop a relationship with Google so that when we find sites like this, HP could act on our behalf and send along the info to Google?  It seems like the klout of an entire reputable website would then prompt Google to check their list...twice...and see that the duplicate content is hurting them?  What's frustrating at the moment is that I feel with every hub I publish, there is a 100% probability that it will be stolen...some even as soon as I publish.  So, with hundreds of hubs, I simply can't fathom the amount of time it takes to defend my work...which then, in turn, makes me not want to publish online at all...because those DMCA's take HOURS...sigh...

2. TheKatsMeow profile image89

ah ok got it, thanks!

18. Mark Johann profile image61
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

Would that be allowed?

19. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

*(SIGH)* Well, that's another 20 or so DMCA's filed. I probably would've found even more of my stuff if I'd dug deeper but to be quite honest if Google doesn't get the idea after me sending nearly 50 DMCA's all pointed at the same domain, then what's the point? I don't have the time or the patience to do anymore.

I'm done with this for now. Whoever this thief is, I hope that the fleas of a thousand camels invade his most private areas.

1. cclitgirl profile image92
      cclitgirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's where I'm at.  I filed tons yesterday and as people find more sites, I'm like...OMG...so this is what my life is going to become?  No more writing, just hunting?  *sigh*

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just a reminder, Google will not take down this site - it can't (unless it's a blogspot blog). All they can do is remove the offending posts from its search engine results - so they'll still appear on Bing and Yahoo!

If you want to hurt this guy and stop his gravy train, you need to

(1) report him to Adsense, not Google - if he loses his Adsense account it won't be worth his while to do this and
      (2) report him to his hosting company so they'll give him the boot.

Edit:  I see this advice has been given multiple times, but maybe it doesn't hurt to say it again!

Thanks Marisa!

20. MelChi profile image76
    MelChiposted 11 years ago

Here's another site where I found a travel and accommodation hub of mine on. Sigh.

http://acecampinggear.org/

21. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I mentioned HubPages in each and every one of my DMCA complaints as well. By now I imagine somene at Google is mighty tired of reading "(Name of article) was written by me and published at HubPages.com on (date)" at the start of each of my reports. smile

Just curious, has anyone received a response to any of their DMCA's on this guy yet? Last time I reported a case of thievery I started hearing back from Google within 24 hours. In this case, so far ... nothin'. sad

Not yet. This is my first time reporting directly to Google so I had no idea how long it takes. I filed mine on the 2nd. I bookmarked my 'copyright removal request dashboard' on my browser bar so I can check it regularly.
      Looks like this jerk and all his buddies is keeping them busy!!

2. Judi Bee profile image90

Mine are all still showing as pending on the Webmaster Removals dashboard.

mine are still pending as well sad I was hoping I would wake up today and this would all be resolved, HA!

22. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
    ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years ago

Ugh. 37 of mine stolen, and from both of my HP subdomains...

Many thanks to Judi for finding all of these!

I did find it easy to find my hubs since I write my name in all of my hubs with the copyright symbol. I know it's not necessary, but it is one extra thing that makes it easier to find my content that has been stolen...

23. Jenn-Anne profile image75
    Jenn-Anneposted 11 years ago

Found a total of 7 hubs copied (I only have 10 featured so that's 2/3 of my published content) and I've filed DMCAs with google.  Will file with adsense too.  Maybe we need to start a new thread just to see how many have DMCAs have been filed altogether so far?  Here's hoping all this work will pay off.

24. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Hold the phone on the massive DMCA to Goo.
    These sites are not essentially indexed, yet.
    I did some research on this list. Every single one of these domains is listed on the same exact container/server out of South Korea. All three allowed IP Addresses are in use.

The list is/was rotating, which is why one moment you could see it and then it was gone. He ( Gong Haohui ) is swapping pointers to avoid detection when scraping. Here is the email to the Server, where you can report these domains and the IP addresses directly: admin@dnsever.com

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

An opinion, if you would?

I've already filed 69 claims with G, as well as complaining to adsense with multiple examples of the theft.

If I now file with the server, they jump on it and shut it down, will adsense then have nothing to act on?  I'd rather leave it up for a week if I though it would cost the thief his adsense account.

I feel the same way, this guy better lose his adsense account, although after all I read about him, he probably has a fake adsense account too and could probably make another one, no problem. I still want him to lose his adsense though....

Me too! If he does lose the account, he won't be paid anything that's in it, so it will still hurt even if he finds a way to create another one!

Ah, good thought.
        There is a possibility they could go dark before AdSense finds them. Still, any complaint made by anyone regarding an AdSense publisher account is pretty much the first and last nail in the coffin. Heck, they are known for dropping publishers for a single, random, oops click.  But, again, go to the source - the domain registry themselves- else directly to WIPO / DMCA.com and file. This bypasses the middleman (Google) entirely or just reinforces the angle of cutting off the money flow (AdSense/Doubleclick).

James.

1. wilderness profile image95

A year or two ago a bunch of hubbers chased a thief all over the net.  Shut him down on one domain and the next day he's up and running with the same stolen content on another.

Shutting a domain down, then, only stops the money for a few days; hopefully shutting down the adsense will turn it off for a much longer time - while this one can probably get another, it won't be easy and won't be quick.

I've had lots of domains shut down a site within hours; I think I'll wait for an answer from adsense before going that route.  This time, the adsense is more important than shutting him down.

2. jezebellamina profile image60

So James, do you think it's still worth contacting the registry / host even if it's off shore? Of course I'm willing to try anything but I had pretty much shrugged that one off as an option that would yield any results.

I guess I was trying to focus my time and effort in the places that were most likely to work. I get so mad to think at all the time I've already spent on this and not to even feel like I'm any closer to a resolution. Anyway, I suppose it couldn't hurt, huh?

I am so happy to know I'm not alone though! I probably would have given up already if it weren't for all the other hubbers affected by this crapwad.... I really do feel like we will get somewhere by all our efforts as a group, slow as it may be.  I am still sort of hoping HubPages will help...but their lack of response thus far does not impress me much, truth be told.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

As others have said, it's not fair to be disappointed or unimpressed with HubPages' lack of action.  It's what it is.

Others have said Squidoo has taken action in a similar situation - but you notice, Squidoo also says they can't tell their members what they did, to protect themselves legally.  I suspect that's because they're doing something illegal.  HubPages have obviously looked at doing the same and their legal advice is not to take the risk. 

The law is the law.  The law states our articles are ours.  As others have said, in the real world, the publisher can be involved as an injured party, but that's not how the complaints system on the internet works - it's geared to copyright holders only.

I definitely understand the legal aspects of this as far as HubPages is concerned. But - and I'll be the first to admit I am probably being naive about this - I was thinking that since the scale of this is so huge and the thief is systematically copying all of the content from HubPages (and exclusively from HubPages) that it might be different. Across all the sites that this guy owns (we're up to what, 17 so far?), thousands upon thousands of hubs are being copied, word for word. It will be very detrimental to the health of HubPages if this continues at this pace.

Of course, HP has no legal obligations or even legal recourse to act on our behalf, but they do have a vested interest in the content that is published on their site. Without {our} content, they are literally nothing. Their entire business is dependent on our content being good quality, original material, and ranking well in the search engines in order to make revenue. They are dependent on us even more than we are dependent on them.

I still maintain that there are measures that can be taken - even something as simple as emailing a contact at Google (nothing illegal about that) -  to speed this process along and let everyone get back to what they'd rather be focusing on...writing. Just because they can't file a DMCA complaint or sue somebody, doesn't mean there's nothing that can be done.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

That's assuming they have any contacts at Google.  People seem to imagine HubPages has a hotline into Google - they don't.  They have the same access as any webmaster, which is limited.   

If they had special access to Google, don't you think they would have avoided all the problems they've had with Panda?

Not such an idiotic assumption after all:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111495

HP staff is stepping in to "take examples to Google".

Yes, contact them anyway.
            As well as dmca.com. The DMC Act has governing authority worldwide.

Great news, I didn't know that. THANK YOU!!!!

3. Cardisa profile image88

I am not seeing the Adsense option on my DMCA form, why?

Adsense is a separate form. There is a copyright checkbox. Here you go! https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/ … ;&rd=1

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

You can always find the Adsense form by clicking on the little tab on the bottom of any Adsense ad on the offending site, and following the links.

Thanks Jezeballamina and Maris, I had Goggled it and found it earlier. I filed the complaint, hoping they will respond soon.

25. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 11 years ago

smile Feeling better now we are getting somewhere with all this. Agree... Adsense first. And yep... Google can only shut a site down if it's one of their properties.

26. rebeccamealey profile image91
    rebeccamealeyposted 11 years ago

I was told that at least one of my food Hubs was copied on  foodsforcooking, but it appears that the site has been taken down. Anyone else find this to be the case?

It's still there, adding content today. 

foodforcooking dot com

2. wilderness profile image95

There is no "s" in the website URL.  It is still up, although I don't know if your hub is still there.  It probably is.

Unfortunately, the site is still indexed as well.

27. Vinaya Ghimire profile image78
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 11 years ago

I found my 12 hubs stolen. My online articles were also stolen in the past, I filed DMCA and Google replied me saying the webpages have been removed for the search. Once I deleted an online article, but few days later I found out that it was already stolen. I did not have any proof to show that was actually my article. Nevertheless, I wrote to Google and they understood my condition.

Let's hope that Google acts quickly and accordingly, like they did for you in the past!

28. tammyswallow profile image90
    tammyswallowposted 11 years ago

This is one of the many reasons I no longer contribute to Hubpages. I have 35 stolen so far, mostly craft hubs. There are many other craft hubs stolen under:
    http://www.artswithdesign.com. I gave it a year but I hate to say it, it isn't worth the time and the effort to contribute here.

1. GinnyLee profile image87
      GinnyLeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are the stolen ones ranking higher than yours?

29. daisydayz profile image86
    daisydayzposted 11 years ago

OMG!!! They have stolen all my recipe hubs and my restaurant reviews! Seriously annoyed right now! Luckily (an unluckily!) I am off work sick today so actually have time to submit some DMCA's. I mean seriously this is awful! I only had to put in my hubpages user name and they all popped up. Now to check the rest of those sites. Looks like they have literally ripped all of hubpages!

Report it to adsense - that will (hopefully) stop the thief from making money off our content. And yes, this particular scraper appears to have copied substantial portions of entire hubpages categories.

30. daisydayz profile image86

A total of 31 of my articles over his sites so far! So annoyed! I have reported them all, lets just hope I don't find any more and this guy gets shut down asap!

Sorry to hear that sad

31. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Bump - some haven't seen this yet.

32. radhikasree profile image71
    radhikasreeposted 11 years ago

I also have noticed a significant drop in my crafty hubs. This site http://www.artswithdesign.com/sample-page
    had scraped my content. I saw a lot other hubbers' crafty works there. I'm going to file DMCA. Thanks for posting the details of these sites.

33. jezebellamina profile image60
    jezebellaminaposted 11 years ago

Great news! HP staff is stepping in to help us!! Paul Edmondson is collecting examples of stolen content to take to Google. He says, 'the more, the better' so hop on over and add yours to the list if your hub is being outranked in search results by certain phrases of the copied content:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111495

34. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Bump - just learned of some Hubbers who still need to see this thread.

Marcy - all the sites are currently suspended smile  See Wilderness' thread

What great news -  I've been in and out today - I will look for the thread.

3. daisydayz profile image86

Yay, great news! Glad to see they have all been shut down. Lets hope he doesn't just open some more

4. SAM ELDER profile image54
      SAM ELDERposted 11 years ago

Yes great news

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)