jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Deep and crisp and even

1. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

It's snowing fit to burst in central London - while it does snow a few times each winter, because of the heat-island generated by a big city, we don't tend to get as much as the rest of the country.

But it's already at least 4 inches deep, and still pelting down,covering the roofs and roads, and looks lovely.

There is absolutely no point in my saying this, sorry!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

We have had snow here since November smile I'm tired of it. It must be nice to see in London though. I grew up in Scotland and we certainly didn't get that much snow.

3. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 7 years ago

I totally miss the snow.  I'm in San Diego, which hasn't seen snow since... ever.

4. Teresa McGurk profile image81
    Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago

I grew up in Belfast, and did my undergrad studies in Glasgow (Uni Strathclyde).  I don't miss snow.  I remember wearing wellies for days on end while waiting for my shoes to dry out. 

Hey, Uninvited: remember that song by Billy Connolly about the wellies?

5. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

It's dead weird, in central London, not to be able to see the join between the road and pavement because of the snow. Lovely, though!

6. affiliater profile image55
    affiliaterposted 7 years ago

It's good to experience snow ocassionaly. Being a tropical area, we never get it, but instead we get plenty of rain... Yes, and as you say, it's definitely nice to have it once in a while...

7. 0
    Rainbow Briteposted 7 years ago

Checking in from Minnesota here, and lemme tell ya you can have all of our snow I'm sick of it!!!  And it's bloody cold too, though the last two days have warmed up considerably, which just makes things all messy!

8. Lifebydesign profile image79
    Lifebydesignposted 7 years ago

Hi LG, sounds gorgoeus, if cold. Any pics??

9. Miss-Taken profile image61
    Miss-Takenposted 7 years ago

I'm on the east coast of Canada (more specifically, Nova Scotia) and we've received more than our fair share of snow, let me tell you!! Maybe I should start selling it on ebay, think I'd make any money?  *L*