jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (19 posts)

Site with Stolen Content

1. cclitgirl profile image96
    cclitgirlposted 4 years ago

I have been alerted to a site that may have many hubbers' work on it.  I have already filed a DMCA complaint for my work that appeared on there. 
    If you write any "creative" hubs, you should check that your work hasn't been copied.
    http: //www.artswithdesign. com/
    (You'll need to type the address in your bar; I don't want to give them a backlink.)

1. Judi Bee profile image89
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can find the whole list of sites here (it's the same guy/group running all of them)

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111298

cclitgirlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for letting me know in the first place, Jude Bee.  smile

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Again, I'm really sorry about this going down, y'all!!

*sigh*  Part of the "game," I reckon.  :\

1. Suzie HQ profile image95
          Suzie HQposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I found one so far on Fashionand Beauty.com which i believe is the same guy too after checking the other's posted by Judi.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I did a whois lookup on this domain and it was just started a month ago.  The Registrar is TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.

You can report the DMCA via the registrar's contact form at http://www.tucows.com/contactfrm.html

I hope they care enough to take action on the reports. Those who had their hubs stolen should report this ASAP. Thanks, Cyndi, for posting about this.

See the main thread - it's far bigger than this one site

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111298

2. Judi Bee profile image89

@Glenn Stok - you might check out his Business site - business-education.com

and his Education site - educationforscience.com

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the heads-up Judi. This is bigger than I realized. I'll have to check all those out too. Sometimes HP gives us a warning with a copyright icon next to the hub in our stats listing. But they don't always catch it.

2. joanveronica profile image92
          joanveronicaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I checked educationforscience and found some of my hubs there. So thanks for the infor. I have to learn about filing now! Darn it!

3. cclitgirl profile image96

Thanks, Glen. Yes, DO check out Judi Bee's forum post.  There are A LOT of sites doing this.  :\

2. Curiad profile image81
    Curiadposted 4 years ago

Thank you for the information, I found one of my hubs there as well with the copyright statement still in it with my writing name lol.

Mark

1. joanveronica profile image92

I found my Hubs by entering a search on the site, using my "user's name" on HP. Just like that! GRRR!

That's a good start, but I found more by entering a sentence from the hub itself.  He has just about all my history hubs, so you have my sympathy.  If you write in other categories, check the main forum thread that lists all his sites - I think I called it List of Sites Scraping Content, or similar.

1. joanveronica profile image92

OK, thanks, will do!

3. Jamie Brock profile image96
    Jamie Brockposted 4 years ago

Thank you so much for pointing this out.. I did find a hub of mine that was stolen.. and I guess most likely there is probably more. I've never had to deal with this. Does anyone know off the top of their head about how I would go about making a complaint?  Also, if I find that there are more of them stolen, do I need to send a complaint for each one? Not sure how it works.

Thanks in advance for any help smile

jamie

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Go to the site in question.  See if they have Adsense ads visible.  If so, click on the little tab at the bottom of one of the ads and follow the links to report a copyright violation.  I can't remember the exact wording but it's pretty obvious.

It's the best way, IMO - the blogger is likely to lose his Adsense account, which will make it less worthwile for him to run blogs like this.

If there's no Adsense, you need to find out who their hosting company is and report him there.  That's especially effective for a guy like this one, who has several sites on the same host.  If they get enough complaints they're likely to shut down the lot.

1. Jamie Brock profile image96
        Jamie Brockposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Marisa, I appreciate it!

working