jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Brand spankin' new to HubPages....need help!

1. Nikalina profile image80
    Nikalinaposted 7 years ago

I would appreciate any help or advice pointing or directing me rather into the right direction. So far today and last night I've stumbled around for hours trying to figure this AdSense thing out? I'm extremely confused. Okay, so I have my Hub Pages set up. Since I don't own a domain name or a website I was trying to use the Google one that is reccommended in the HELP menu. I managed to create one but then when I copy and paste the URL it contains the word Google so it cannot be used? Thanks so much in advance for anyone that can help me get in the right direction.

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Are you applying for Adsense? Then I do believe you should be entering your hubpages profile URL.

However, it may be a good idea if you have a track record of quality published hubs before you apply, otherwise you run the risk of being rejected.

3. Nikalina profile image80
    Nikalinaposted 7 years ago

That's sounds like great advice. How many blogs and how long do you reccomend waiting before doing so?
    Thanks so much!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How many blogs?  None. This isn't a blogging site.  Hubs are interesting and informative, magazine-style articles.

4. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I only had one hub when I applied and I was approved, but some claim that Google isn't so friendly or lenient anymore.

5. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Yes, I think Darkside is right about putting in your HP url.  That's what I did and got approved, no problem.

6. webjunkie profile image61
    webjunkieposted 7 years ago

While I dint want to bash Google a while back they had several laws suits brought against them due to fraudulent traffic. they settled the case paying back millions of dollars to advertisers. Ever since these cases Google rightfully so has made joining the adsense program harder and harder.

7. lindagoffigan profile image61
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Read the information that Hubpages gives you concerning writing.  Also read other hubs and just write. www.merchandisingselections@blogspot.com