jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Notifications tab doesn't notify me when I have unread comments etc

1. Imogen French profile image89
    Imogen Frenchposted 3 years ago

I use to get a number appear next to my notifications tab at the top of the page to tell me when I had new unread comments, new followers etc. Now a number only appears AFTER I have read and approved a comment, and it never tells me if I have a new follower. I only find these things out from my daily email, which is sometimes a little late, because I like to respond to people who have taken the trouble to leave a comment or follow my hubs as soon as possible.
    Does anyone know why this is happening - is there some setting that I could change?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

One thing you could do is set it so that you get instant email alerts with those actions, though we should definitely look into any potential issues with the manner in which the notifications pane works. Sorry for the trouble!

Imogen Frenchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply, Simone. Sounds like it is a site-wide problem then - I thought maybe it was just the way I had my account set up.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Imogen
      I agree that seeing a notification on the site when a comment is posted, but is not yet approved.  I am going to send this to our engineering team.
      Are there other notifications that the site displays after the fact?

Hi Matthew, I am no longer notified when I have new followers, but I am sure this used to be part of the notifications feature.
        However, I did have a notification for your post to this forum question - before I saw it! smile

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

The notification feature is useless in that it only notifies you of things after the fact.  I'm really surprised it hasn't been dropped given how many other actually useful features have been over time.

so, it's not just me then! thanks for the reply, relache

working