jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

I can't figure it out.

1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

So Ive got this poem... it's for Easter or Palm Sunday. It's certainly as good as (and about as long as) any of my other poems that are published, but it's been over a week and it's not being published... what's wrong with it? Anyone? (Blessed is the King.)
    Thanks!

1. page1articles profile image60
      page1articlesposted 4 years ago

paste the URL into google and see if it finds it. I thought I read somewhere that poetry was not featured... but that might have been something that was in an older blog.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Im sure we're allowed to post poetry cause it is one of the options from the drop down menu as far as categorizing it. I think it's just not supposed to get much traffic. I just don't know why it wont publish.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is published.

You have a lovely voice!

Maybe it isn't featured? I don't know because I thought unfeatured hubs don't carry ads, and your does, AND I found it on your profile (and it is usually set to not show hubs which are not featured).

1. profile image0

Thanks Izzy. It doesn't have that little H by it in my account column, so what ever that is called, that's what's wrong with it.

1. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah that means it isn't featured, which in turn means it carries a noindex tag in the search engines.

It also means that Google will probably not index it.

Still, it does have ads, so you can share it round your Facebook friends or pin it to Pinterest. You will still get paid if you can attract views.

1. profile image0

I can't post anything on FB. I don't want my mom and kids reading my personal stuff. lol Complete strangers yes, mom, not so much.

2. innerspin profile image85
      innerspinposted 4 years ago

Two thoughts, Beth. Try changing the summary, which says it's an Easter poem. Easter's just gone for this year. Also I wonder if having the words as a song in another place makes this duplicate content? Really not sure. And yes, you do have a lovely voice!

1. profile image0

Thanks innerspin,
        Do you really think it could be the Easter part? Cause it wasn't published or whatever even at Easter time. Plus, it would make it easier to identify next year, wouldn't it? The words aren't posted anywhere... just on here. I just added the musical link cause HP likes links and videos and pics and all that. IDK.

3. profile image0
      Beth37posted 4 years ago

BTW, this ended up getting published. I never found out what the hindrance was, but thanks for all the input everyone! smile

working