jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

objectionable ads

1. druneric profile image60
    drunericposted 8 years ago

Listen, I believe in live-and-let-live and to each his own, but I object to pro-life ads posted on my hub!! How do I get these people to stop? I went to the adsense page and didn't feel like I should have to do an hour of research to make them take this ad off my hub!

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You can turn ads off altogether by setting the ad level to "none" on your hub.  There is no effective way to block certain ads or types of ads from appearing.

1. druneric profile image60
      drunericposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You mean the information by adsense on blocking specific URLs is bogus?

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago
  4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

It's not bogus, but you'll only be able to block an ad in your share of impressions on HubPages -- which is 60% of the time.  Furthermore, there could be hundreds of different purveyors of objectionable ads and new ones might appear any time, so it would be something you'd have to monitor constantly.  Besides that, AdSense ads are often targeted by geography, so you might not even be able to see some of the ads you'd object to.

You can certainly try, but at any kind of scale I think you'll find that it's virtually impossible to systematically review and exclude all objectionable ads.  It will obviously eliminate your ability to earn money on a particular hub, but it is easy to exclude ads altogether ...

5. druneric profile image60
    drunericposted 8 years ago

I added a disclaimer to my profile.
    Thanks

working