jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Disclosure on ads?

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
    Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago

I just finished a hub where I added an Ebay capsule specifically marketing the product I wrote about.
    I did disclose I would receive a small payment if the product was ordered through the Ebay link. Was this necessary and/or advisable?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's a great question, Gcrhoads64!
      Because the eBay Capsule is pretty clearly an affiliate-based product (and resembles an ad), we think it is not absolutely necessary to include disclosure.
      However, if you just *link* to Amazon or eBay products using your affiliate code (something you can do using the linking tool of the Text Capsule), it is important to disclose quite clearly that it is an affiliate link, as it is not obviously an ad.

TL:DR: Disclose your affiliate relationships whenever affiliate-based ideas/products you feature are not clearly ads.

Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Simone. That answers it perfectly. Thanks. smile

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

When people add amazon products on their hubs, they don't say that they will earn money from amazon if people buy products through the featured product links. Same applies to ebay. You shouldn't mention that. I'd even assume that if people read that line of yours they wouldn't even click on those links...

Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good thought. I wasn't sure  how it would be perceived by readers.
      Thanks, lovebuglena.

working