jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

List of Links

1. CelebrateUSA profile image89
    CelebrateUSAposted 3 years ago

I would love to have the ability to generate a list of links that are active in my hubs when I am editing. I need to see if the links are to relevant sites and most recently I have a construction hub with sources and I have removed a number of links but have not yet removed the malicious link.

With the Google scrutiny of links, being able to quickly analyze the links we are supporting and promoting would be most helpful as we seek to better serve the reader and the Google gods of traffic.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's a helpful suggestion, CelebrateUSA! I'll see if we might be able to add it to the Hub Metrics box in each Hub, where we presently list things like word count. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not it will be feasible for us to do so and whether we have the bandwidth to do it soon.

Thanks for bringing this up!

2. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good idea. I've seen cases where people have quickly highlighted a link, broken it, but a single dot or letter has remained a link, then they've spent ages trying to figure out where the bad link is when they can't see any!

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Hey again CelebrateUSA! When I brought this up in our community meeting, the team pointed out that by clicking on the malware link warning on your Hub, you can see the domain that prompted the warning. This means that by clicking through to the links you've included in your Hub, you should be able to find it pretty quickly. I hope that helps!!

1. CelebrateUSA profile image89
      CelebrateUSAposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Simone,
      That is a huge help!
      Thank you!

working