jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Video capsule suggestion

1. sleepylog profile image89
    sleepylogposted 3 years ago

I would really like it if we could upload one of our own videos in the video capsule like we can in the video hub format, but instead we can only use a video that is already on the net. It's not always convenient to use the 'video' hub format when posting a video in a hub so there is no other option but  to upload videos to the net  first just so we can use them in a video capsule in 'article' hub.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'll bring your recommendation up in this upcoming week's community, sleepylog!

The reason why it is the way it is is that we are following best practices with regard to video hosting on set pages. There might be additional issues of which I am not aware. I suppose we'll find out more when I bring it up with the team! big_smile

1. sleepylog profile image89
        sleepylogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Simone smile

1. Simone Smith profile image91
          Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey again sleepylog! We just talked it over and are happy to provide the capability so long as it's possible. The one hitch is that HubPages-hosted videos might not be embeddable at this point , which would mean that they could not be used in the Video Capsule. I'm checking to see whether this is the case right now. I'll keep you posted. smile

working