jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

unpublished hubs

1. J.T. profile image60
    J.T.posted 9 years ago

Hi again all you fantastic hubbers, i was just wondering, how many hubs can you save unpublished, unlimited or a fixed number, it´s just because i´ve discovered the benefits of saving unpublished, while working on a hub.
    The best to all

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I've noticed that while making a big hub that requires a few days worth of work and adding content to one or two capsules a day that a strange thing happens, the HubScore rises before you even publish.

But don't hold off publishing on that basis alone. HubScore means very little compared to getting your work published, viewable by the public and available to be indexed by Search Engines. The sooner the better. Of course only as soon as it's up to a certain level of quality.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

There is currently no limit to the number of unpublished hubs you can have.   However, we'd probably be forced to take some action if someone had thousands of them or was engaged in obvious URL squatting.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If I have a legitimate plan to do a large series of hubs on a particular topic, rather than have the urls "spoiled" by starting them and getting to no 23 and the url has gone so it has to be creative or inconsistent, would it be ok to set up like say 50?  I'm thinking of a specific series of hiubs that would likely number 50 initally ona  valid topic - and most of those in the 50 have no content here at hub pages so far.

Would that be ok?  I'd be happy to notify hubpages team of the topics and agree a time limit for getting a no of them done.

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's fine, you don't need to notify us.

3. J.T. profile image60
    J.T.posted 9 years ago

Thanks for the answers, paul and darkside, and don´t worry paul, there is no chance for me to have a thousand unpublished, ha ha ha, i´ll be happy if i reach a hundred, published.
    Thanks both of you

4. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

Perfect an I'll quote you on that if I get penalised!

Looking at my account activity it should be obvious I'm legitmate and genuine (and url parking but for the right reasons)

5. dingdong profile image61
    dingdongposted 8 years ago

What is url squatting? Can anyone explain it?

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well you get a web url and write it on a piece of paper and then you squat over it and chant the mystic words of zanzibar!

I assume it is the hording of a particular url... being serious now!

2. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What waynet said. Though the incentive is usually $$$.

However people can't transfer hubs so it makes it a bit difficult to try and trade hubs, whether its just for the URL alone or just to move a hub from one account to another.

6. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 8 years ago

Why would one want to trade hub url's?