jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Deleting a Forum Post?

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image83
    Cantuhearmescreamposted 3 years ago

Is there a way to delete a Forum Post that you've posted after it is no longer needed?

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image75
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 3 years ago in reply to this

click on more at bottom of your post  and you can delete it

Cantuhearmescreamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I mean if I am the author of the entire Forum Post. Sometimes I ask questions and then I get the right answers or all kinds of help and the Forum Post is no longer necessary. I've looked but I don't see how to close or delete a Forum that I started.

1. Simone Smith profile image90
          Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if I've ever seen an entire thread deleted; we typically don't do that, though we sometimes (upon request/requirement) remove the title and/or close the thread to deep six it.

Simone,
            Okay, that works. I just didn't want to hog up forum space if I didn't have to. I won't stress it. Thanks
            Cat

2. mr-veg profile image62
    mr-vegposted 3 years ago

Yeah you can do that Cat but btw why do you want to delete one, whatever you write cat is a gem even if it goes wrong for  you, it will be a great read for others wink

mr-veg,
      You're a real gem. But I have made Forums looking for help and help was delivered. I don't see the point in hogging up Forum space if I no longer need it, you know what I mean?
      Cat

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just learned how to delete a forum post Cantuhearmescream, thanks.

I think I titled it wrong; I should've said thread? I can get rid of comments but I was wondering about the whole Forum Thread. But if you learned something from my confusion then I've done my part :-)

3. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 3 years ago

Morning Catherine.
    Go to your account, under "Hop some hubs" there is a list of options. The first one is Hubs and the second is Q&A, click on this and the page opens with a list of all your questions. Click  the question you want to delete, this opens up and then you will four more option with the second being delete. It does take time to actually get deleted. That's it.
    LOL Ghaelach

Morning to you Ghaelach!
      I noticed we can delete our answers, we can delete our comments and we can delete our hubs, so I assumed we could delete Forums that we've started. I don't have anything that I don't want people looking at but rather, I don't need anymore. Example: I started a Forum asking for help why a hub wasn't featured. I got great feedback and I was lucky enough to have my hub featured. I no longer needed the Forum and didn't want to waste Forum space, but if it isn't bothering anyone else than it's fine with me.
      Thanks

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

--You can delete a forum post within a certain time frame (I think it's about an hour?) using the more button.
    --After that the only way to delete it is to "report" the post and ask staff to remove it.
    --Even if the first post is removed, all other posts on the thread will stay.
    --It's a good idea to leave forum posts up - even now I sometimes have a question and often I'll find the answer though the search function and the thread might be 2-3 years old.

WryLilt,
      I guess it's stuck in the Forum World :-)  It's okay, I'll not stress over it, just wondering. Thanks for the help.
      Cat

working