jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

My hubs not coming up in site search

1. webjunkie profile image61
    webjunkieposted 7 years ago

I am new give me a  dumb smack if needed... when I search site for my hubs I am not able to locate them... I can locate under my account of course I was just attempting to finds them as  a visitor to the site would.  Am I doing something wrong?

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

What hubs were you trying to find, and what keywords were you using?

3. webjunkie profile image61

well I was looking for my 1st hum  http://hubpages.com/hub/Crazy-Like-a--fox  used the search term "Crazy Like a fox"

4. seamist profile image82
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Hi Webjunkie

Well, it could probably be one of two things. One, your hub is not very high in the search engine results, or two, your hub is not indexed. To find out if you hub is indexed with Google, type the whole url into the search box. If not results were found, you hub is not indexed. If you have a fairly new site, sometimes, it takes awhile for your website to be indexed. If your hub is low in the search engine rank, maybe you  need to use more of differently keywords. Furthermore, your search engine rank is not only dependent on keywords, it is dependent on backlinks too. Backlinks are crucial when it comes to the success of website. No backlinks essentially means no traffic because internet users are not able to find your site on the net. I wrote a hub on the importance of backlinks. There are also many other excellent hubs on backlinks. If you don't understand the concept of backlinks, do a search in the hubpage's search box, and you will find alot of good information.

5. webjunkie profile image61

I am not reffering to google I understand google better then the everage user. I am reffering to the HubPages search box

6. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Nice sneaky way to get sideways traffic.

The reason you can't find it via search is that you typo'd the title of the hub.

It should read, in the URL - /hub/Crazy-like-a-fox

Your version reads -  /hub/Crazy-like-a--fox

Which means you put two spaces after "a" and should use two spaces between "a" and "fox" when searching.

1. SeSharer profile image76
      SeSharerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So far as I know, the search function will dismiss one or two blanks automatically.
      So I don;t think it was the point.
      THere must be some other reasons.

7. webjunkie profile image61

I copied and pasted the link form my account page its http://hubpages.com/hub/Crazy-Like-a--fox  and that page loads I do see the double dash is there a way to fix that? and as to your sly comment about sideways traffic I could care less about 2 or 3 people clicking  to reading my article in an effort to help me figure out a problem. I have many websites and get several million page views a day on them. This blog is a hobby and a change of pace from running my normal websites. At this point I am still figuring out the system. 

ok the title had a double space that fixed  still does not show up in the search when seaching the term "crazy like a fox"