jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Problems with Amazon capsule? Make sure you are not blocking ads

1. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago

I noticed that the Amazon products I've chosen for my hubs are not showing up. Is this a known issue? I'm using the latest version of Foxfire.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with products in an Amazon capsule.

What specifically do you mean by "not show up"?
      Do you see a message that the product can't be found?
      Please provide URLs for the Amazon products in the US store as well as the Hub in which you are using the capsule.
      Is the capsule missing entirely?  If so, do you have ad blocking software installed?  If so, please remove it.
      You can also try another browser like Chrome to see if the issue is isolated to your installation of Firefox.

You can find good general browser troubleshooting tips here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When I look at my hub, the amazon capsule does not show at all. If I edit the hub the capsule is there, but you can't see the item. If I edit the module, the ID number is in the capsule, but still nothing shows up. I tried removing and replacing the items. There were 2 separate capsules on my hub "UTI Symptoms Without Bacteria - Bladder Spasm - What Worked for Me."

I ended up replacing one with an ebay capsule because that hub's getting traffic suddenly. I'm still checking but so far all of my hubs with amazon capsules are having the same problems. I kind of assumed it was a Hubpages issue. I you have a chance maybe you could check that hub and see if you see any amazon stuff on it. Meanwhile I will try other browsers.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
          Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Using Firefox 20, I see both Amazon and eBay capsules with products in this Hub, http://sherryhewins.hubpages.com/hub/UT … Experience 

My hunch is that you might have ads blocked.  This is usually related to a browser plugin/add-on/extension.
          In Firefox click the Firefox menu in the upper left, then select Add-Ons and then select Extensions.  You can then disable or delete the extensions you might have installed.

Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

OK thanks, I'm not so worried that I can't see them (BTW I didn't have a problem with ebay). I just want to make sure that others can see them.

2. josters profile image84
            jostersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great, that worked for me as I was experiencing the same problem. Just wanted to say thank you!

Closed to reply

working