jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Blocking your own views in stats

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I was wondering if there was a way HP could allow users  to block/stop their own views from being tracked. Blogger allows the user to "not track your own views" so you get a clear idea of your real views as in most cases a 1/3 of the views that are actually recorded are your own.

We can see our organic traffic but this way we can know how well our hubs are doing in the HP search as some visitors may search the site for topics while other Hubbers read our hubs as well. Plus The total views will be reflective of our actual views (which would not include each time we visit our own hubs).

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's a good question, Cardisa! I'll check with the team in this week's community meeting and see what they have to say. Even if we don't have the bandwidth to add the option (though we might), there might be another simple workaround. big_smile

Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Simone! smile tongue

2. Daniella Lopez profile image88
      Daniella Lopezposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would LOVE for HubPages to create such a feature.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Using Google Analytics info not only allows you to view stats minus your own views, you get much more diverse and accurate stats than what is offered via the extremely basic info here.

Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache smile

2. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the recommendation, relache! Cardisa, we came to the conclusion that this would be the best way to go after discussing the issue in today's community meeting.

3. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Unless you're looking at your own hubs a lot, I don't see that it would make that much of a difference in overall views? I usually check GA for a more detailed analysis.

working