jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Video Hubs cannot be converted to non-video Hub

1. lone77star profile image91
    lone77starposted 3 years ago

I created a new Hub not yet published, but don't like the format.

The four choices are:
    * Article
    * Video
    * Recipe
    * Copy Template

I chose Video, but I don't want this. Now, after selecting this format, I cannot find out how to change it, despite the promise on the "Create a Hub" page that "Hub Format (Don't worry, you can change your mind later.)"

I've looked over the help forum and find people have asked this before, but no one has provided an answer! One was 8 months ago and one was 4 months ago. Many people misunderstood the question and gave answers that had nothing to do with the problem.

If Hub Pages has a method for changing the "format" once one of the 4 options has been selected, then they should make it obvious how to perform this change. If they overlooked adding this programming, then they should remove the "promise" that we will be able to change it.

Does anyone have any idea how to change the format?

I was curious what the Video Format looked like, but this format has a Video capsule that does not have a "red X" on it for deletion. The difference here is that "Video Format" has a "hubpages video" capsule, which is different than the "video" capsule.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yikes!! I'm so sorry about that misleading messaging. I'll have us fix that issue right away. So sorry for the inconvenience!

As the format cannot be changed, I recommend deleting that Video and starting a fresh Hub.

1. lone77star profile image91
        lone77starposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Simone. Glad to help! Any time you need another guinea pig, let me know. (all smiles)

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

My understanding is that once you select a Video format, you can't change it back.  You can switch out the video you want to use though.

Closed to reply