First Hub Published & Questions from experienced Hubbers!

1. TiffsTerrificTips profile image60
    TiffsTerrificTipsposted 9 years ago

I just published a hub and have questions:

Google & Ebay have ads on my hub but they are not at all related to my topic. Aren't they supposed to be?

I added product items from Amazon in the photo capsule section thinking they would link to Amazon's site but they do not. Am I doing something wrong? Isn't this how Amazon pays you?

What am I supposed to do with the "revenue capsules"?

How does Ebay pay you? Do you have to have a link to a product on their site and if so, where would you insert this?

Anyone who wants to look at my page and see if I'm doing anything else incorrectly or if something is missing, please feel free to let me know!

Thank you for your help!!

2. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image78
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages!

I'll try to answer your questions, and I'm sure other hubbers will chime in as well.

1.  At first, the Google ads won't match your topic. It takes a little while for that to happen.

2. Since you added the Amazon stuff in the photo capsule, all it is doing is showing a photo slideshow of the items. To make it so that you will get paid if someone buys one of these products, use the Amazon capsule, and put in a keyword like "maternity." Several items will show up, and once you hit "Save" on that capsule, the links will be clickable.

3. Same with the eBay capsule. To get paid by eBay, you have to sign up for an account. You can do that by clicking on "My Account" in the menu bar near the top of any Hubpages page. After that, in the sidebar, click "Affiliate Settings." You'll see a box that lists Amazon, Google, eBay, and Analytics. Click the "Sign Up" link next to eBay to get an account.

I hope this helps!  Good luck!

3. TiffsTerrificTips profile image60
    TiffsTerrificTipsposted 9 years ago

Thank you!!